Velocity Reviews

-   -   RE :Hide IP Platinum Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t307477-re-hide-ip-platinum-question.html)

Bob 01-26-2006 05:03 AM

RE :Hide IP Platinum Question

I just found this group after trying an ip anonomyser program called Hide IP
Platinum. I am trying to understand just what happens. When te ip address
keeps changing am I using some elses ip address if so than OPPs. But I run a
pretty tight pc just wanted to try this for the hell of it.

My question is when I run a port scan with Sheilds up for example all my
ports are tight sealed and the way I want it. When I run Shields up with the
Hide Ip running my ports are full of holes and full of insecurity.

Any advice? regarding anonymizers.

Thanks

Brad 01-29-2006 09:41 PM

Re: RE :Hide IP Platinum Question

errr im guessing your using some sort of proxy?

If so when you scan your proxified ip it will be scanning the proxys ip
which will need to have open ports to accept connections and therefore
this isnt your actual ip, but the ip of the proxy server you have
connected to.

Rick 01-29-2006 11:30 PM

news:1138570878.857229.313170@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...