Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Win xp and SATA issue?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t307296-re-win-xp-and-sata-issue.html)

Rebecca 11-26-2005 08:56 PM

Re: Win xp and SATA issue??

THIS is what you said:
-----
nos1eep wrote:

> XP should be able to find a SATA drive without any additional drivers
> unless the SATA channels are on an add-on card. Make sure you do not
> have both a legacy power connector and a SATA power connector attached

Or unless his mainboard chipset isn't Intel. If it's SIS/AMD it may/may
not require drivers.

> to the drive at the same time. BIOS defaults are recommended for the
> initial install. An easy guide is at this site
> http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/di...shoot.html#win
> If all else fails, RTFM that came with the board.

Good advice.

Retard,
Dustin Cook
http://bughunter.atspace.org
-----

Which has absolutely _nothing_ to do with his final solution.

relic 11-28-2005 11:31 PM

Re: Win xp and SATA issue??

Dustin Cook wrote:
> relic wrote:
>
>> You can't read, can you. What Rebecca said was that YOUR bs response
>> had nothing to do with the solution. She is correct.

> My response was improper SATA drivers, Rebecca claimed SATA is SATA;
> which is hardly the case. So exactly how was she correct? The guy had
> to load drivers specific to his motherboard chipset for windows to
> accept the SATA drive. Motherboard chipset, moron. :)
>
> Nice try tho... :)

Trying to obfuscate the subject works with your brain, no one else's.

Going back to the post you snipped: You are wrong, Rebecca was correct.

followups fixed.

--
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.