Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Security (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f38-computer-security.html)
-   -   On the lighter side... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t307017-on-the-lighter-side.html)

Imhotep 09-17-2005 06:42 PM

On the lighter side...
 
This article has nothing to do with computer security but it was so bazaar
that it made me laugh, so if you are having a bad day maybe this article is
just the thing you need...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050916/...electricity_dc

Im

nemo_outis 09-17-2005 07:56 PM

Re: On the lighter side...
 
Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in
news:oK-dnVnPALI4_rHeRVn-ow@adelphia.com:

> This article has nothing to do with computer security but it was so
> bazaar that it made me laugh, so if you are having a bad day maybe
> this article is just the thing you need...
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050916/...electricity_dc
>
> Im




A weird marketplace is a bizarre bazaar :-)

Regards,


Imhotep 09-17-2005 07:59 PM

Re: On the lighter side...
 
nemo_outis wrote:

> Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in
> news:oK-dnVnPALI4_rHeRVn-ow@adelphia.com:
>
>> This article has nothing to do with computer security but it was so
>> bazaar that it made me laugh, so if you are having a bad day maybe
>> this article is just the thing you need...
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050916/...electricity_dc
>>
>> Im

>
>
>
> A weird marketplace is a bizarre bazaar :-)
>
> Regards,


Ya, sorry about that...damn spell checker...

nemo_outis 09-17-2005 08:06 PM

Re: On the lighter side...
 
Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in news:Ss2dnbWsZ-0u6LHeRVn-
sg@adelphia.com:

> nemo_outis wrote:
>
>> Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in
>> news:oK-dnVnPALI4_rHeRVn-ow@adelphia.com:
>>
>>> This article has nothing to do with computer security but it was so
>>> bazaar that it made me laugh, so if you are having a bad day maybe
>>> this article is just the thing you need...
>>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050916/...electricity_dc
>>>
>>> Im

>>
>>
>>
>> A weird marketplace is a bizarre bazaar :-)
>>
>> Regards,

>
> Ya, sorry about that...damn spell checker...
>



And remember that a "chic sheik" is pronounced "sheek shake" not "shick
sheek" :-)




Jim Watt 09-17-2005 11:14 PM

Re: On the lighter side...
 
On 17 Sep 2005 19:56:06 GMT, "nemo_outis" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:

>Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in
>news:oK-dnVnPALI4_rHeRVn-ow@adelphia.com:
>
>> This article has nothing to do with computer security but it was so
>> bazaar that it made me laugh, so if you are having a bad day maybe
>> this article is just the thing you need...
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050916/...electricity_dc
>>
>> Im

>
>
>
>A weird marketplace is a bizarre bazaar :-)


and the story was about a bizarre blazer

That does not happen here as more marble floors than carpets
and high humidity.
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Imhotep 09-17-2005 11:38 PM

Re: On the lighter side...
 
Jim Watt wrote:

> On 17 Sep 2005 19:56:06 GMT, "nemo_outis" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:
>
>>Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in
>>news:oK-dnVnPALI4_rHeRVn-ow@adelphia.com:
>>
>>> This article has nothing to do with computer security but it was so
>>> bazaar that it made me laugh, so if you are having a bad day maybe
>>> this article is just the thing you need...
>>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050916/...electricity_dc
>>>
>>> Im

>>
>>
>>
>>A weird marketplace is a bizarre bazaar :-)

>
> and the story was about a bizarre blazer


Nice one...

> That does not happen here as more marble floors than carpets
> and high humidity.


Here too. We have a lot of ceramic tiled floors, and yup, lots of
humidity :-(

> --
> Jim Watt
> http://www.gibnet.com


Im

Jim Watt 09-18-2005 08:56 AM

Re: On the lighter side...
 
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:38:22 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
wrote:

>Jim Watt wrote:
>
>> On 17 Sep 2005 19:56:06 GMT, "nemo_outis" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in
>>>news:oK-dnVnPALI4_rHeRVn-ow@adelphia.com:
>>>
>>>> This article has nothing to do with computer security but it was so
>>>> bazaar that it made me laugh, so if you are having a bad day maybe
>>>> this article is just the thing you need...
>>>>
>>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050916/...electricity_dc
>>>>
>>>> Im
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>A weird marketplace is a bizarre bazaar :-)

>>
>> and the story was about a bizarre blazer

>
>Nice one...
>
>> That does not happen here as more marble floors than carpets
>> and high humidity.

>
>Here too. We have a lot of ceramic tiled floors, and yup, lots of
>humidity :-(


It is one of the reasons one specifies vinyl tiles for the surface of
computer rooms rather than carpet, because although they result in
more noise, they don't generate static (or dust) so there really is a
computer security issue - physical security. Although todays hardware
is more robust than the tape drives and disk drives of the past for
high reliability the environment is critical.

An interesting one I saw (on the ent) was

http://www.havenco.com

Where the equipment was in the steel support of an offshore
tower in a 100% nitrogen atmosphere.

No shocking experiences there :)
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Ken Ward 09-18-2005 02:27 PM

Re: On the lighter side...
 
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:38:22 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
wrote:

>Jim Watt wrote:
>
>> On 17 Sep 2005 19:56:06 GMT, "nemo_outis" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in
>>>news:oK-dnVnPALI4_rHeRVn-ow@adelphia.com:
>>>
>>>> This article has nothing to do with computer security but it was so
>>>> bazaar that it made me laugh, so if you are having a bad day maybe
>>>> this article is just the thing you need...
>>>>
>>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050916/...electricity_dc
>>>>
>>>> Im
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>A weird marketplace is a bizarre bazaar :-)

>>
>> and the story was about a bizarre blazer

>
>Nice one...
>
>> That does not happen here as more marble floors than carpets
>> and high humidity.

>
>Here too. We have a lot of ceramic tiled floors, and yup, lots of
>humidity :-(
>
>> --
>> Jim Watt
>> http://www.gibnet.com

>
>Im

This puzzles me - only one Victorian newspaper carried it & that was
bylined the society page reporter - source for most stories is Sydney
NSW. No TV news here carried it that I saw.

I might believe it late summer, say feb/march after three days of a
hot northerly, but its been raining in Victoria pretty solidly for the
last three weeks. It seems to me the smell associated with this story
is not ozone.

Winged 09-18-2005 04:23 PM

Re: On the lighter side...
 
Imhotep wrote:
> This article has nothing to do with computer security but it was so bazaar
> that it made me laugh, so if you are having a bad day maybe this article is
> just the thing you need...
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050916/...electricity_dc
>
> Im

sheez can you imagine him walking by your computer....I think very
security related...great article..I had to go to to Reuters to see if
information faked..It wasn't!

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...TRICITY-DC.XML

Winged

Jim Watt 09-18-2005 07:55 PM

Re: On the lighter side...
 
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:23:13 -0500, Winged <Winged@nofollow.com>
wrote:

>.I had to go to to Reuters to see if information faked..It wasn't!


Still possible it was 'rather exagerated' possibly as a result
of exposure of journalists to alcoholic vapour.
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.