Velocity Reviews

-   -   REAL-TIME EXPLOITS TRACKING WITH ANTI-EXPLOIT (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t307010-real-time-exploits-tracking-with-anti-exploit.html)

Imhotep 09-16-2005 03:08 AM

REAL-TIME EXPLOITS TRACKING WITH ANTI-EXPLOIT

"The Anti-Exploit exploit scanner utilizes kernel features to identify
suspicious files when they are created or used. Anti-Exploit tags
suspicious file by checking its md5 value (will be changed to
signature-based) and comparing it against a database of well-known
malicious tools such as exploits, rootkits, etc.

Anti-Exploit does not require any special modules for installation and on
most systems it will be installed smoothly. The only additional package
required is Dazuko Linux kernel module, which provides an interface for
file system access control. Anti-Exploit comes with a configuration file,
enables one to modify settings such as proxy information (for updates),
email alerts and more. It must be edited prior executing the final
installation step."

http://www.ebcvg.com/articles.php?id=884

Imhotep

Dazz 09-16-2005 04:47 AM

Re: REAL-TIME EXPLOITS TRACKING WITH ANTI-EXPLOIT

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:08:21 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
wrote:

Any chance you could tone down the shouting in the subject line?

Everytime I see a post with all caps in the subject line, I normally
disregard it because I think it's a spammer/troll. :-(

Mucho gracias. :-)

Dazz

Imhotep 09-16-2005 04:59 AM

Dazz wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:08:21 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
> wrote:
>
> Any chance you could tone down the shouting in the subject line?
>
> Everytime I see a post with all caps in the subject line, I normally
> disregard it because I think it's a spammer/troll. :-(
>
> Mucho gracias. :-)
>
> Dazz

It was a cut and paste job. The original title was in caps....

de nada,
Imhotep

Dazz 09-16-2005 07:49 AM

Re: REAL-TIME EXPLOITS TRACKING WITH ANTI-EXPLOIT

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:59:25 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
wrote:

>Dazz wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:08:21 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Any chance you could tone down the shouting in the subject line?
>>
>> Everytime I see a post with all caps in the subject line, I normally
>> disregard it because I think it's a spammer/troll. :-(
>>
>> Mucho gracias. :-)
>>
>> Dazz

>It was a cut and paste job. The original title was in caps....

Ahh, I figured it might have been something like that, but wasn't
totally sure.

Keep up the posts - I don't often get the chance to go searching for
the latest security related news, so I appreciate the fact that you
post the links here. :-)

Dazz

Imhotep 09-16-2005 06:00 PM

Dazz wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:59:25 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Dazz wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:08:21 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Any chance you could tone down the shouting in the subject line?
>>>
>>> Everytime I see a post with all caps in the subject line, I normally
>>> disregard it because I think it's a spammer/troll. :-(
>>>
>>> Mucho gracias. :-)
>>>
>>> Dazz

>>It was a cut and paste job. The original title was in caps....

> Ahh, I figured it might have been something like that, but wasn't
> totally sure.
>
> Keep up the posts - I don't often get the chance to go searching for
> the latest security related news, so I appreciate the fact that you
> post the links here. :-)
>
> Dazz
>
>>de nada,
>>Imhotep

Thanks. It is nice to hear a complament once and a while. My job requires me
to keep up to date with all security issues. So, when I come across
something I post. I am a firm believer in data sharing.

Anyway, thanks.
Imhotep