Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sad or Mad? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t306908-sad-or-mad.html)

Management 08-26-2005 08:42 PM

Sad or Mad?

<QUOTE>
Andy Martin of The Committee to Fight Microsoft on Tuesday announced
his intentions to block Microsoft from releasing Windows Vista.
Martin intends to ask Microsoft for an unconditional warranty that
the operating system is free of bugs that could result in security
vulnerabilities.

"Bill Gates sells the public defective products, and then expects us
to spend years being his guinea pigs, while he corrects the myriad
of defects and vulnerabilities in his defective code. This is mass
consumer fraud." Martin argued.

"It is unacceptable corporate behavior. Over four years after
Windows XP was released I still receive regular 'updates' and 'bug
fixes,' which reflect a product that was originally scandalously
defective."
<UNQUOTE>

See:
http://www.betanews.com/article/Anti...sta/1123614377

It's good for a laugh and will warm the cockles of your heart :)

Charlie.

--
Broadcasting to the environs
www.radiowymsey.org

optikl 08-26-2005 10:23 PM

Re: Sad or Mad?

Management wrote:
> <QUOTE>
> Andy Martin of The Committee to Fight Microsoft on Tuesday announced his
> intentions to block Microsoft from releasing Windows Vista. Martin
> intends to ask Microsoft for an unconditional warranty that the
> operating system is free of bugs that could result in security
> vulnerabilities.
>
> "Bill Gates sells the public defective products, and then expects us to
> spend years being his guinea pigs, while he corrects the myriad of
> defects and vulnerabilities in his defective code. This is mass consumer
> fraud." Martin argued.
>
> "It is unacceptable corporate behavior. Over four years after Windows XP
> was released I still receive regular 'updates' and 'bug fixes,' which
> reflect a product that was originally scandalously defective."
> <UNQUOTE>
>
> See:
> http://www.betanews.com/article/Anti...sta/1123614377
>

> It's good for a laugh and will warm the cockles of your heart :)
>
> Charlie.

Is there anything untrue in what he says? BTW, Microsoft isn't the only
company following this business model.

Steve Welsh 08-26-2005 11:31 PM

Re: Sad or Mad?

Then should't we, the customers/consumers, just **** them off

Imhotep 08-27-2005 12:00 AM

Re: Sad or Mad?

optikl wrote:

> Management wrote:
>> <QUOTE>
>> Andy Martin of The Committee to Fight Microsoft on Tuesday announced his
>> intentions to block Microsoft from releasing Windows Vista. Martin
>> intends to ask Microsoft for an unconditional warranty that the
>> operating system is free of bugs that could result in security
>> vulnerabilities.
>>
>> "Bill Gates sells the public defective products, and then expects us to
>> spend years being his guinea pigs, while he corrects the myriad of
>> defects and vulnerabilities in his defective code. This is mass consumer
>> fraud." Martin argued.
>>
>> "It is unacceptable corporate behavior. Over four years after Windows XP
>> was released I still receive regular 'updates' and 'bug fixes,' which
>> reflect a product that was originally scandalously defective."
>> <UNQUOTE>
>>
>> See:

http://www.betanews.com/article/Anti...sta/1123614377

>> It's good for a laugh and will warm the cockles of your heart :)
>>
>> Charlie.
>>

> Is there anything untrue in what he says? BTW, Microsoft isn't the only
> company following this business model.

True, many software companies have adopted the Microsoft business model.
However, we are also partial at fault for allowing it...