Velocity Reviews

-   -   AntiSpam (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t306668-antispam.html)

p00hat3k 05-29-2005 05:04 PM

AntiSpam

Hello.
What could You advise me to use to prevent my email from Spam. I am using
WinXPsp2 OE6.

Regards
Mike

optikl 05-29-2005 05:14 PM

Re: AntiSpam

p00hat3k wrote:
> Hello.
> What could You advise me to use to prevent my email from Spam. I am using
> WinXPsp2 OE6.
>
> Regards
> Mike

1. First option would be to get a program like Mailwasher. You can view
what mail you have on the server and make a decision to to download or
otherwise handle messages. You can set filters to have mail marked for
deletion and/or deleted automatically if you wish.

2. Second option would be to set filters within OE to action all
filtered mail as you deem appropriate.

Juergen Nieveler 05-29-2005 07:00 PM

Re: AntiSpam

optikl <optikl@com_invalid_cast.net> wrote:

> 1. First option would be to get a program like Mailwasher. You can
> view what mail you have on the server and make a decision to to
> download or otherwise handle messages. You can set filters to have
> mail marked for deletion and/or deleted automatically if you wish.
>
> 2. Second option would be to set filters within OE to action all
> filtered mail as you deem appropriate.

Third option: Replace OE6 with Thunderbird and use the excellent
bayesian spam filter :-)

Juergen Nieveler
--
Windows 3.1 - The best $89 solitaire game you can buy.

NonDisputandum.com 05-29-2005 08:04 PM

Re: AntiSpam

On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:04:25 +0200, "p00hat3k" <admin@elano.pl> wrote:

>Hello.
>What could You advise me to use to prevent my email from Spam. I am using
>WinXPsp2 OE6.
>
>Regards
>Mike

At the tiome, I use Spambayes,... perfect with Outlook.
Another option is dumping Outlook & using Mozilla software.

With Outlook, Spamihilator is also very good.

More info: http://www.nondisputandum.com/html/anti_spam.html
There are also other options there...

--
www.nondisputandum.com - soft reviews: