Velocity Reviews

-   -   ITIL & Corporate Network Security (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t306235-itil-and-corporate-network-security.html)

Ian Manning 01-02-2005 10:14 PM

ITIL & Corporate Network Security

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now, so a big "Hi" to all
regulars / other lurkers.

As part of my job, I'm interested in moving towards ITIL certification
in the Security Management area. (ie as
http://www.exin-exams.com/default.asp?model=korteinfo&mod=ITSECM.EN&catid=&m enuid={B82278C4-6DFF-43C4-994C-E5FF23183E3D}&pgroup=ITIL
) Does anyone here have experience in this area?

Specifically I would like to know:

* Book reccomendations outside those set out on the linked page
* Alternative certification routes that possibly cover the same area in
"better" ways.

Thanks in advance,

Ian Manning

bowgus 01-03-2005 03:48 AM

Re: ITIL & Corporate Network Security

I'm not certified so don't consider myself qualified to recommend ... but
.... SANS offers an alternative ... here's a link to get you started ...
http://www.giac.org/interview/Don_Murdoch.php

http://www.exin-exams.com/default.as...CM.EN&catid=&m

Ian Manning 01-03-2005 10:41 AM

bowgus wrote:
> I'm not certified so don't consider myself qualified to recommend ... but
> ... SANS offers an alternative ... here's a link to get you started ...
> http://www.giac.org/interview/Don_Murdoch.php

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm thinking of - I really want to have
an idea of what's out there. If it matters, perhaps I should add that
I'm in the uk.