Velocity Reviews

-   -   keylogger (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t306146-keylogger.html)

Joe 12-02-2004 03:56 PM

keylogger

does anyone know if I'm going to be okay with my passwords etc if I deleted
the mail.exe file before I typed in any passwords? apart from my windows
password which I've already changed?

Richard 12-23-2004 05:34 PM

Re: keylogger

"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in

> does anyone know if I'm going to be okay with my passwords etc if I
> deleted the mail.exe file before I typed in any passwords? apart from
> my windows password which I've already changed?

Scan all your hard drives with TDS-3 (www.diamondcs.com.au), Kaspersky AV
(www.kaspersky.com), Spybot (http://security.kolla.de/) and PestPatrol
(www.pestpartol.com). Then look at the startup registry and startup folder
and make sure mail.exe (or any other suspicious programs) are not present,
and delete them if they are.
If everything come up clean, then you should be fine changing your
passwords. Remember to change ALL passwords as the keylogger has probably
recorded them and sent them back to its evil operator.

--
Visit my computer security website
http://computer-security.no-ip.info

Robsten 12-24-2004 08:12 AM

Re: keylogger

Richard skrev:
> "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in
>

>>does anyone know if I'm going to be okay with my passwords etc if I
>>deleted the mail.exe file before I typed in any passwords? apart from
>>my windows password which I've already changed?
>>

> Scan all your hard drives with TDS-3 (www.diamondcs.com.au), Kaspersky AV
> (www.kaspersky.com), Spybot (http://security.kolla.de/) and PestPatrol
> (www.pestpartol.com). Then look at the startup registry and startup folder
> and make sure mail.exe (or any other suspicious programs) are not present,
> and delete them if they are.
> If everything come up clean, then you should be fine changing your
> passwords. Remember to change ALL passwords as the keylogger has probably
> recorded them and sent them back to its evil operator.
>
> --
> Visit my computer security website
> http://computer-security.no-ip.info

Antivir has spot all of my virus, 15-20. I have never been infeckted
after a scan with Antivir so far, tuch wood. I have done onlinescans
with F-secure, Norton, and McAffe after scans with Antivir, not a virus
so far after a scan with Antivir.

--
Robban Stenkvist
http://w1.853.comhem.se/~u85329080/