Velocity Reviews

-   -   Anti-keylogger? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t306065-anti-keylogger.html)

J.Smith 11-11-2004 02:42 AM

Anti-keylogger?

What is the best anti-keylogger utility out there for win2K?
Best free one?

Thanks!

David H. Lipman 11-11-2004 03:00 AM

Re: Anti-keylogger?

AVAST - http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1016.html - FREE
AVG - http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 - FREE
CA eTrust - http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - FREE for one year.
{ Free offer ends 2/1/05 }

Dave

news:fkAkd.7423$zx1.639@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com ...

DJ 11-11-2004 08:03 PM

Re: Anti-keylogger?

David H. Lipman wrote:
> AVAST - http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1016.html - FREE
> AVG - http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 - FREE
> CA eTrust - http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - FREE for one year.
> { Free offer ends 2/1/05 }

that are anti-virus software.. exist maby only anti-keyloger software?

David H. Lipman 11-11-2004 09:01 PM

Re: Anti-keylogger?

Key loggers are Trojans and are covered by them.

Dave

Timothy Goddard 11-11-2004 09:08 PM

Re: Anti-keylogger?

Get programs such as Spybot S&D and AdAware and run a scan on a regular
basis. You'd be surprised how much you'll find. Some computers even have
mild spyware on them when they come from the manufacturer.

David H. Lipman 11-11-2004 09:13 PM

Re: Anti-keylogger?

Or from your ISP.

Dave

donnie 11-12-2004 12:17 AM

Re: Anti-keylogger?

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:01:07 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>Key loggers are Trojans and are covered by them.
>
>Dave

######################
I certainly wouldn't depend on Norton to find a keystroke logger.
Look in the registry.
donnie

David H. Lipman 11-12-2004 12:22 AM

Re: Anti-keylogger?

Which hive Donnie ?

Dave

J.Smith 11-13-2004 02:54 AM

Re: Anti-keylogger?

Already using both of them, but they don't detect keyloggers, as far as I
know.
Thanks, anyway.

J.Smith 11-13-2004 03:02 AM

Re: Anti-keylogger?

> >Key loggers are Trojans and are covered by them.
> >
> >Dave

> ######################
> I certainly wouldn't depend on Norton to find a keystroke logger.
> Look in the registry.

If not Norton, which AV soft can (is most efficent at) detect/remove
keyloggers?
I didn't know that AV can detect keyloggers. Thanks, Dave, for that info.

However, I agree with Donnie, that Norton can't detect/remove keyloggers.
One aquaintance of mine had a keylogger, and Norton was not able to even
detect it, and neither did Panda (online ver.). I don't know exactly what
kind of keylogger it was, but it was sending user's keystrokes to some IP
address.

Thanks!