Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do I use use TOR.exe web proxy on windows? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t306019-how-do-i-use-use-tor-exe-web-proxy-on-windows.html)

MiLi 10-28-2004 02:27 PM

How do I use use TOR.exe web proxy on windows?

Note: From thread 'Recommend webproxy service'

I downloaded the web proxy client, tor-0081.exe, from
http://www.freehaven.net/tor/

I also installed openssc 0.97 which is evidently required for windows.
(I use win98se). Also I copied these two dlls:-

libeay32.dll
ssleay32.dll

into the same folder.

But when I double-click on tor-0081.exe, all that happens is that I get
an error message.

"The TOR-081 exefile is linked to missing export LIBEAy32.dll:3212"

If I remove libeay32.dll then tor-0081.exe complains that it's missing
libeay32.dll.

Any help appreciated.

Vanguardx 10-28-2004 09:25 PM

Re: How do I use use TOR.exe web proxy on windows?

"MiLi" <MiLi>
wrote in news:418101C3.7359D4E8@wherebefore44.ok:
> Note: From thread 'Recommend webproxy service'
>
> I downloaded the web proxy client, tor-0081.exe, from
> http://www.freehaven.net/tor/
>
> I also installed openssc 0.97 which is evidently required for windows.
> (I use win98se). Also I copied these two dlls:-
>
> libeay32.dll
> ssleay32.dll
>
> into the same folder.
>
> But when I double-click on tor-0081.exe, all that happens is that I
> get an error message.
>
> "The TOR-081 exefile is linked to missing export LIBEAy32.dll:3212"
>
> If I remove libeay32.dll then tor-0081.exe complains that it's missing
> libeay32.dll.
>
> Any help appreciated.

I don't know anything about the products you are asking about or if they
provide any automated installation or if you have to do it all manually.
However, it may be that the proxy makes a call using an entry point in
the DLL file, so it expects that DLL to be registered to know where to
find it. Do the instructions anywhere tell you to registery the DLLs?

regsvr32 libeay32.dll
regsvr32 ssleay32.dll

MiLi 10-29-2004 11:03 AM

Vanguardx wrote:

> "MiLi" <MiLi>
> wrote in news:418101C3.7359D4E8@wherebefore44.ok:
> > Note: From thread 'Recommend webproxy service'
> >
> > I downloaded the web proxy client, tor-0081.exe, from
> > http://www.freehaven.net/tor/
> >
> > I also installed openssc 0.97 which is evidently required for windows.
> > (I use win98se). Also I copied these two dlls:-
> >
> > libeay32.dll
> > ssleay32.dll
> >
> > into the same folder.
> >
> > But when I double-click on tor-0081.exe, all that happens is that I
> > get an error message.
> >
> > "The TOR-081 exefile is linked to missing export LIBEAy32.dll:3212"
> >
> > If I remove libeay32.dll then tor-0081.exe complains that it's missing
> > libeay32.dll.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.

> I don't know anything about the products you are asking about or if they
> provide any automated installation or if you have to do it all manually.
> However, it may be that the proxy makes a call using an entry point in
> the DLL file, so it expects that DLL to be registered to know where to
> find it. Do the instructions anywhere tell you to registery the DLLs?
>
> regsvr32 libeay32.dll
> regsvr32 ssleay32.dll

No unfortunately they don't. I guess I could try to use the command line
(as above) to see if I can get it working that way. Thanks for the
advice. Will report back if successful, otherwise assume it didn't work
:-(