Velocity Reviews

-   -   Access to Secure Pages (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t305706-access-to-secure-pages.html)

GB 08-07-2004 12:33 PM

Access to Secure Pages

I am unable to access secure web pages, ie when looking at bank accounts.
Any ideas as to why? Happens with both Firefox and IE.

GB

Aussie Fred 08-08-2004 09:42 AM

Re: Access to Secure Pages

In <d_3Rc.315$GB6.110@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net> GB wrote:

> I am unable to access secure web pages, ie when looking at bank accounts.
> Any ideas as to why? Happens with both Firefox and IE.
>
> GB

You may have the clock on your computer set incorretly

Failing you need to make sure you have outgoing access on TCP port 443
(https). Some Network Admins block all outgoing ports and proxy the ones
that are needed.