Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Security (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f38-computer-security.html)
-   -   Do not use SAFEBOOT SOLO from CONTROL BREAK INTERNATIONAL vlfdjgdsjgdfjghfg (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t305598-do-not-use-safeboot-solo-from-control-break-international-vlfdjgdsjgdfjghfg.html)

A.Melon 07-07-2004 11:22 PM

Do not use SAFEBOOT SOLO from CONTROL BREAK INTERNATIONAL vlfdjgdsjgdfjghfg
 
SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to
the attention of the potential customer in a conspicuous manner
prior to installation, but is difficult to find on their
website. Use of Speed Disk after installation WILL result in
complete data lose. The recovery tools (boot disk images)
provided with the software package WILL NOT restore data after
Speed Disk usage; the drives must be sent into the company for
recovery and they will threaten to charge you a fee to recover.

After heated email exchanges, I sent my perfectly working
working drives to their address in Naples, Florida. Upon
receipt of the drives, they claimed that the drives arrived
broken. Interestingly, there was only a seven (7) minute delay
from the delivery time reported by the USPS, by computer
tracking label, and their email to me stating that the drives
were broken. Obviously, that would have been insufficient time
to even transport the drives to the workbench, let alone to
unpack and test. The reader may draw his own conclusion.

The company still refuses to send the drives for data recovery,
a necessary step to retrieve the data from the now broken
drives, so that they may decrypt the data and return to me.

Some data on one drive was recovered, no data on broken drive
was recovered. The data that was recovered was recovered
without the use of my password since I intentionally never gave
them a password after they requested it. I was concerned about
the software being backdoored; you may now draw your own
conclusions regarding this issue.

I have found the company and its personnel very difficult to
deal with; I have dealt with these individuals mostly:

Mr. SIMON HUNT, CHIEF TECHNOLOGIST
Mr. MARCO VERSTEIJNE, COMPANY SECRETARY

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS PRODUCTS.


mfsdmfldjgkldfjlfdjslfklsdamfglsdjtjhtrjtu5984u589 054u6789lrgjld
fsmotgjlkrmntgorjiotjriojtodfjtoiperu6ujdfjguojtrj iodmnfmngoierj
tr9eru590834u9834uyierjrfoireut980easurt8904jtopei jhfioertjr9sdu
tw0e


*Vanguard* 07-07-2004 11:30 PM

Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author
 
A.Melon said in
news:9915a22eac04a6c7979df5c5a187c71c@melontraffic kers.com:
> SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
> incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to

<snip blah blah blah>

Apparently this idiot doesn't realize anyone can do a Google Groups search, especially when they've already read this moron's exact same bitchgram before. Do a Google Groups search and you find the same exact bitchgrams on June 30:

http://snipurl.com/7lct by Fritz Wuehler
http://snipurl.com/7lcw by privacy.at Anonymous Remailer
http://snipurl.com/7lcx by futureworlds

Oh, goodie, we'll probably get lamblasted again in another week with this anti-spam spam from this disgruntled user under some other moniker than A.Melon.

Jim Watt 07-08-2004 07:31 AM

Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author
 
On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:30:40 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
<reply-to-newsgroup@do-not-email.invalid> wrote:

>
>A.Melon said in
>news:9915a22eac04a6c7979df5c5a187c71c@melontraffi ckers.com:=20
>> SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
>> incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to

><snip blah blah blah>


does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Leythos 07-08-2004 12:19 PM

Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author
 
In article <e2upe0h6qe4totnjud501tuss12eve8rl9@4ax.com>,
jimwatt@aol.no_way says...
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:30:40 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
> <reply-to-newsgroup@do-not-email.invalid> wrote:
>
> >
> >A.Melon said in
> >news:9915a22eac04a6c7979df5c5a187c71c@melontraffi ckers.com:=20
> >> SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
> >> incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to

> ><snip blah blah blah>

>
> does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?


I use Diskkeeper only - the real one, on my servers and workstations.

--
--
spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

\Crash\ Dummy 07-08-2004 01:11 PM

Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author
 
>does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?

Yes. I use Norton Speed Disk for NT on my W2K NTFS partitions. I don't use any
form of disk or file encryption. Is there some reason I should stop using SDNT?
--
Dave "Crash" Dummy - A weapon of mass destruction
crash@gpick.com?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
http://lists.gpick.com



Jim Watt 07-08-2004 04:34 PM

Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author
 
On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:19:38 GMT, Leythos <void@nowhere.com> wrote:

>In article <e2upe0h6qe4totnjud501tuss12eve8rl9@4ax.com>,
>jimwatt@aol.no_way says...
>> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:30:40 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
>> <reply-to-newsgroup@do-not-email.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >A.Melon said in
>> >news:9915a22eac04a6c7979df5c5a187c71c@melontraffi ckers.com:=20
>> >> SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
>> >> incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to
>> ><snip blah blah blah>

>>
>> does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?

>
>I use Diskkeeper only - the real one, on my servers and workstations.


Yeah so do I, although I thought speeddisk was a cachring solution
not the Norton defragger we used with DOS and 20mb drives.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Leythos 07-08-2004 05:03 PM

Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author
 
In article <cotqe05mvid7rqm8j7s4k9dmhi116o9kra@4ax.com>,
jimwatt@aol.no_way says...
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:19:38 GMT, Leythos <void@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <e2upe0h6qe4totnjud501tuss12eve8rl9@4ax.com>,
> >jimwatt@aol.no_way says...
> >> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:30:40 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
> >> <reply-to-newsgroup@do-not-email.invalid> wrote:
> >>
> >> >
> >> >A.Melon said in
> >> >news:9915a22eac04a6c7979df5c5a187c71c@melontraffi ckers.com:=20
> >> >> SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
> >> >> incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to
> >> ><snip blah blah blah>
> >>
> >> does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?

> >
> >I use Diskkeeper only - the real one, on my servers and workstations.

>
> Yeah so do I, although I thought speeddisk was a cachring solution
> not the Norton defragger we used with DOS and 20mb drives.


I use to use NSD until 2000, once I found DiskKeeper I never used NSD
again. I find that DK will do full online and offline defrags must
better than NSD. I also like that the server version (and wks version)
can be set to run X times from start time to end time.

--
--
spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

*Vanguard* 07-08-2004 08:28 PM

Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author
 
Jim Watt said in news:e2upe0h6qe4totnjud501tuss12eve8rl9@4ax.com:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:30:40 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
> <reply-to-newsgroup@do-not-email.invalid> wrote:
>
>>
>> A.Melon said in
>> news:9915a22eac04a6c7979df5c5a187c71c@melontraffic kers.com:=20
>>> SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
>>> incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to
>>> <snip blah blah blah>

>
> does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?


I quit using Speed Disk when Symantec didn't update it quickly to account for changes in NTFS5 (came out with NT4 SP-6, I think) and caused corruption. Even after the update, repeated automated execution because it was scheduled was found to screw over a few hosts. It might've gotten better but I have little need for it on a desktop host. The included crippled version of Diskeeper in Windows XP is sufficient for my use. I'm not running a file or other server on my host that is handling requests from thousands of users/connections so the added benefits from the full or pro version or Diskeeper or PerfectDisk would probably be imperceptible on an end-user desktop.

--
__________________________________________________ __________
*** Post replies to newsgroup. Share with others.
*** Email domain = ".com" AND append "=NEWS=" to Subject.
__________________________________________________ __________


Mike 07-14-2004 08:00 PM

Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT SOLO from CONTROL BREAK INTERNATIONAL vlfdjgdsjgdfjghfg
 
A.Melon wrote:

> SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
> incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to
> the attention of the potential customer in a conspicuous manner
> prior to installation, but is difficult to find on their
> website. Use of Speed Disk after installation WILL result in
> complete data lose. The recovery tools (boot disk images)
> provided with the software package WILL NOT restore data after
> Speed Disk usage; the drives must be sent into the company for
> recovery and they will threaten to charge you a fee to recover.

Quite right they should charge for recovery. If the instructions say
dont put your finger in the mains and you do, are you going to blame the
electricity company?

You certainly are A. Melon for not reading the instructions thouroughly
and using a product from Norton. The defrag problem is an FAQ on their
site so its hardly difficult to find.

> After heated email exchanges, I sent my perfectly working
> working drives to their address in Naples, Florida. Upon
> receipt of the drives, they claimed that the drives arrived
> broken. Interestingly, there was only a seven (7) minute delay
> from the delivery time reported by the USPS, by computer
> tracking label, and their email to me stating that the drives
> were broken. Obviously, that would have been insufficient time
> to even transport the drives to the workbench, let alone to
> unpack and test. The reader may draw his own conclusion.

I draw the conclusion that your computer clock was wrong.

>
> Some data on one drive was recovered, no data on broken drive
> was recovered. The data that was recovered was recovered
> without the use of my password since I intentionally never gave
> them a password after they requested it. I was concerned about
> the software being backdoored; you may now draw your own
> conclusions regarding this issue.


The conclusion I draw is that you were uncoperative with someone who was
trying to help you
>
> I have found the company and its personnel very difficult to
> deal with; I have dealt with these individuals mostly:

<Snip names>
Do you have libel laws where you are?
--

------------------------------------

Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be
blacklisted.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.