Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sygate uses more and more memory? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t305445-sygate-uses-more-and-more-memory.html)

Louise 06-01-2004 05:30 AM

Sygate uses more and more memory?

I just purchased Sygate Personal Firewall Pro after running the free
version. I'm running Win XP Pro, SP1 on a new and fast machine (Asus
motherboard, P4 3.2 processor, 1024 DDR Ram etc.

Shortly after installation, smc.exe was using 8,500k. Six hours later,
it was using 14,000k.

I just rebooted. Directly after reboot, smc.exe was using 8,500k and
now, ten minutes later, it is using 8.964k. A minute or two later, it's
up to 8,972k.

I see that the memory usage is continuing to climb again.

What is it doing and why is it holding whatever it's doing in memory?

Louise