Velocity Reviews

-   -   Browser Hijack (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t305218-browser-hijack.html)

Lance 04-08-2004 03:11 PM

Browser Hijack

When I start up a web browser I am receiving a pop-up ad. This
happens about 1 in every 2 times I open a browser. My default home
page is on our company's local intranet so I know they are not
creating the pop-up advertising. I have deleted all my cookies, tried
ad-aware, spy-bot S&D, did a complete virus scan, and even attempted
to uninstall IE 6 and I still can not get rid of the popups. Does
anyone know what would cause the pop-ups??

Damjan 04-18-2004 11:19 AM

Re: Browser Hijack

> When I start up a web browser I am receiving a pop-up ad. This
> happens about 1 in every 2 times I open a browser. My default home
> page is on our company's local intranet so I know they are not
> creating the pop-up advertising. I have deleted all my cookies, tried
> ad-aware, spy-bot S&D, did a complete virus scan, and even attempted
> to uninstall IE 6 and I still can not get rid of the popups. Does
> anyone know what would cause the pop-ups??

Do the check with HijackThis program.

Greets,

Martin Brunner 04-19-2004 06:54 AM

Re: Browser Hijack

Lance schrieb:

>When I start up a web browser I am receiving a pop-up ad. This
>happens about 1 in every 2 times I open a browser.

Any Browser or just IE?

Try using another Browser like Opera (www.opera.com) or Mozilla
(www.mozilla.org) and if this happens then again.

Aaron B. Lingwood 04-20-2004 09:24 AM

Re: Browser Hijack

On 8 Apr 2004 08:11:35 -0700, lance491@msn.com (Lance) wrote:

>When I start up a web browser I am receiving a pop-up ad. This
>happens about 1 in every 2 times I open a browser. My default home
>page is on our company's local intranet so I know they are not
>creating the pop-up advertising. I have deleted all my cookies, tried
>ad-aware, spy-bot S&D, did a complete virus scan, and even attempted
>to uninstall IE 6 and I still can not get rid of the popups. Does
>anyone know what would cause the pop-ups??

Download and run HiJackThis and CWS Shredder.

CWS Shredder is simple to use.

HiJackThis is the ultimate Browser Hijack removal tool but you will
need quite a good understanding of your OS.

If you need help, Paste a copy of its output here.

Otherwise, just delete all entries starting with 'r0', 'r1' and
'run='.

HTH

Aaron Lingwood