Velocity Reviews

-   -   Expert Witness sought in Canadian trial, will pay (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t305087-expert-witness-sought-in-canadian-trial-will-pay.html)

Robin Lee Powell 02-18-2004 09:19 PM

Expert Witness sought in Canadian trial, will pay

A friend of mine is on trial in Toronto, ON, Canada for something I'm
not willing to discuss in a forum this public, but whether his computer
could have been easily hacked or not, and in particular whether files
could have been placed on his computer without his knowledge.

He is not in any meaningful sense guilty of what he's being accused of,
but Canadian law makes it amazingly hard to demonstrate this; the burden
of proof is all wrong.

His machine was a Win2K box permanently on and attached to the 'net by a
cable modem.

I know how hackable that is, you know how hackable that is. But we need
to demonstrate it to the court.

I will pay reasonable[1] fees plus all expenses for a well-credentialed
computer security expert with no criminal record of any kind to testify
at this trial.

The trial starts March 1; I didn't think of posting here any sooner,
unfortunately.

Please e-mail me if you might be interested.

-Robin

[1]: OK, I'd probably pay unreasonable fees; e-mail me, we'll negotiate.
--
Me: http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
"Constant neocortex override is the only thing that stops us all

Robin Lee Powell 02-18-2004 10:00 PM

Re: Expert Witness sought in Canadian trial, will pay

rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org (Robin Lee Powell) wrote:
>A friend of mine is on trial in Toronto, ON, Canada for something I'm
>not willing to discuss in a forum this public, but whether his computer
>could have been easily hacked or not, and in particular whether files
>could have been placed on his computer without his knowledge.

"... is very relevant to his case."

<sigh>

-Robin