Velocity Reviews

-   -   who's ip address is it anyway? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t305065-whos-ip-address-is-it-anyway.html)

Unknown 02-14-2004 01:30 PM

who's ip address is it anyway?

Is there a way to find out who belongs to a couple ip addresses? Our
fierwall has been bombarded with the same couple ip addresses (in the same
range) and I was curious if there was a way to find out who (or at least a
general idea) they belong to. I think it may be an ex-employee, but who
knows. Any suggestions?

SimpleSimon 02-14-2004 02:02 PM

Re: who's ip address is it anyway?

"Unknown" <me@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:cnpXb.16816$Bv3.4112@bignews3.bellsouth.net.. .
> Is there a way to find out who belongs to a couple ip addresses? Our
> fierwall has been bombarded with the same couple ip addresses (in the same
> range) and I was curious if there was a way to find out who (or at least a
> general idea) they belong to. I think it may be an ex-employee, but who
> knows. Any suggestions?

Go to the following http://www.demon.net/external/

Then type in the IP that is causing you problems into the 3rd box down
marked "Generic Whois Lookup on IP Address"

Then hit the submit button.

Back will come a report on who owns the IP.

Simon

Unknown 02-14-2004 02:48 PM

Re: who's ip address is it anyway?

Thanks for the prompt reply! It is not who I thought it was, but at least
now I know who to contact.

Lisa 06-14-2007 07:13 PM

Who's ip address is it anyway?

For those that encounter the same problem with hackers (we did today), you can register to Google analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics), install the Javascript they generate in your website pages and find out in Goggle Analytics reports from which ISP/geographical area/network the hacker comes (plus, you got excellent analytics for your website analysis...) and report to that ISP abuse email about this hacker.

If you don't want to touch your website code, you can also simply use one of the WHOIS or better the GeoIP free services (e.g. http://www.whos.com that has both WHOIS and GeoIP lookups, http://www.networksolutions.com/whois for WHOIS, http://www.maxmind.com for GeoIP etc.) to find the same thing quickly: run GeoIP lookup for the IP and you will get the same info that Google Analytics provides and then do WHOIS to find the abuse enmail of the ISP and report.

Good luck! :einstein:

simbu 04-02-2010 09:06 AM

I got the ip address here ip-details.com It provides ip address,ip search,domain host search,get ip details....