Velocity Reviews

-   -   Any software alternatives to Sockschain? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t305033-any-software-alternatives-to-sockschain.html)

notta Prox Jox 02-08-2004 05:33 PM

Any software alternatives to Sockschain?

I have a number for questions about proxies, hopfully I won't get flamed.

What is there besides Sockschain? That's about the only one I ever see
mentioned browsing google.

What software is running on the remote proxy server for it to be used as
a proxy? Sockscap or something else?

What software would you use on a windows system to make it available on
the net as a socks proxy?

What port is used on the remote server? I see people saying port 1080 or
1081 for socks, is this the port you proxy to?

Somtimes you see ports 80 & 8080 used as proxies. Can they be chained?

What is better. Socks proxies or HTTP proxies and does sockscap work
with HTTP proxies?

The proxies that are considered elite, why is that? SSL or SSH? What is
the differents between anon & elite anon?

Can elite proxies be either socks or HTTP proxies?

What port does Sockscap connect to on the remote computer?

What ports do you manually scan on a remote socks proxy server to see if
it is a proxie or if it allows chaining?

What are wingate proxies? Are they better, and what do I need to do in
order use them?

If I want to scan for proxies myself. What ports to I check?

Thanks for any help in continuing my education on proxies.

Eric 02-12-2004 06:12 PM

Re: Any software alternatives to Sockschain?

For SSL and SSH - check out Mocana's products (www.mocana.com). Small,
fast, reusable, and work on any os and any chip