Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Security (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f38-computer-security.html)
-   -   Outlook E-Mail Encryption Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t304709-outlook-e-mail-encryption-problem.html)

Joan Riverton 12-02-2003 01:14 AM

Outlook E-Mail Encryption Problem
 
Outlook (2002) refuses to encrypt an e-mail message to a client who
uses Lotus Notes R5 in Win 2000, even though in the client's Internet
Explorer: Tools/Internet Options/Content/Certificates dialog, both her
certificate (on the Personal Tab) and our certificate (on the Other
People Tab) are present and have the correct serial numbers.

On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not
allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her
public key in Outlook).

Something in Outlook is preventing encryption ... does anybody know
what that might be? (Other client users are using identical Win2000,
Lotus Notes R5 on their workstations and have no problems.)

TIA

Jyrki Nivala 12-02-2003 07:34 AM

Re: Outlook E-Mail Encryption Problem
 

>
> On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not
> allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her
> public key in Outlook).


What is the the error message you receive? Does she have a e-mail address in
her certificate? Is it the same you are using when sending the message?

Who has signed her certificate? Is the root (that has signed her
certificate) installed into your Win2000 workstations?
-JHN
>
> Something in Outlook is preventing encryption ... does anybody know
> what that might be? (Other client users are using identical Win2000,
> Lotus Notes R5 on their workstations and have no problems.)
>
> TIA



lyal 12-02-2003 09:37 AM

Re: Outlook E-Mail Encryption Problem
 

"Jyrki Nivala" <jyrki.nivala@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:DgXyb.37$ef5.31@read3.inet.fi...
>
> >
> > On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not
> > allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her
> > public key in Outlook).

>
> What is the the error message you receive? Does she have a e-mail address

in
> her certificate? Is it the same you are using when sending the message?
>
> Who has signed her certificate? Is the root (that has signed her
> certificate) installed into your Win2000 workstations?
> -JHN
> >
> > Something in Outlook is preventing encryption ... does anybody know
> > what that might be? (Other client users are using identical Win2000,
> > Lotus Notes R5 on their workstations and have no problems.)
> >
> > TIA


Do you have the recipients encryption public key (not the signing one...)?



Joan Riverton 12-02-2003 01:49 PM

Re: Outlook E-Mail Encryption Problem
 
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:37:41 +1100, "lyal" <lyalc@spam.ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

>
>"Jyrki Nivala" <jyrki.nivala@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>news:DgXyb.37$ef5.31@read3.inet.fi...
>>
>> >
>> > On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not
>> > allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her
>> > public key in Outlook).

>>
>> What is the the error message you receive? Does she have a e-mail address

>in
>> her certificate? Is it the same you are using when sending the message?
>>
>> Who has signed her certificate? Is the root (that has signed her
>> certificate) installed into your Win2000 workstations?
>> -JHN
>> >
>> > Something in Outlook is preventing encryption ... does anybody know
>> > what that might be? (Other client users are using identical Win2000,
>> > Lotus Notes R5 on their workstations and have no problems.)
>> >
>> > TIA

>
>Do you have the recipients encryption public key (not the signing one...)?
>


Thank you for your reply. I didn't know there was a difference
between a public key and a signing one. Please tell me how to make
the distinction ... I'm new at this, and so far I've been lucky ...

The key we have was downloaded from Verisign by going to their
"repository." Which key would that be?

Joan Riverton 12-02-2003 02:24 PM

Re: Outlook E-Mail Encryption Problem
 
Thank you both for your support. The problem was a misspelled e-mail
address in the "Contacts" folder in Outlook.

I looked at it a dozen times and failed to notice until I read your
kind messages and then went to verify it.

Regards,

Joan




On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 01:14:02 GMT, Joan Riverton <X@X.net> wrote:

>Outlook (2002) refuses to encrypt an e-mail message to a client who
>uses Lotus Notes R5 in Win 2000, even though in the client's Internet
>Explorer: Tools/Internet Options/Content/Certificates dialog, both her
>certificate (on the Personal Tab) and our certificate (on the Other
>People Tab) are present and have the correct serial numbers.
>
>On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not
>allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her
>public key in Outlook).
>
>Something in Outlook is preventing encryption ... does anybody know
>what that might be? (Other client users are using identical Win2000,
>Lotus Notes R5 on their workstations and have no problems.)
>
>TIA



Bansilal 12-23-2011 05:35 AM

How to send non-encrypted attachments to outlook from lotus notes
 
Hi Team,

One of my lotus notes application sending mail with attachment,
its working fine in lotus notes but for outlook users its not opening (attachment).
Can you help me to solve this ?


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.