Velocity Reviews

-   -   Bill the Builder! Good morning! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t304635-bill-the-builder-good-morning.html)

Tom Zych 11-16-2003 11:59 PM

Bill the Builder! Good morning!

Feel free to distribute.

"Bill the Builder! Good morning!"

"Good morning. I'd like to build a house."

"Certainly, sir! We're the biggest builders around. That's what we
do! Come on down to our office and we'll take care of you!"

<two months later>

"There you are Mr. Baker, your new house! Easy to get around in,
and isn't it pretty?"

"Yes, very pretty. Thank you, here's my check."

<three weeks later>

"Bill the Builder! Good morning!"

"Good morning. This is Mr. Baker. You built a house for me a few
weeks ago."

"Of course, Mr. Baker! What can we do for you?"

"I'm terribly upset. Someone broke into my house and spray-painted
the walls."

"Oh dear, I'm very sorry to hear that."

"The police said they were able to get in because my front door
has a cheap lock on it. I'd like the lock replaced with a better
one."

"I see, sir. Well...I'm afraid we don't offer any other model of
lock to go with your model of house. BUT, next month we'll be
offering our House 2003 (TM), with better locks! Perhaps you'd
like to upgrade to the House 2003?"

"But I've already moved in! All my furniture is here. Why can't
you just install a new lock on my existing house?"

"Well sir, I'm afraid your model of house isn't supported anymore.
We have several newer models now, and we direct our efforts toward
supporting them, instead. If you don't want to upgrade I'm afraid
there's nothing I can do."

"Hmmph! Well then, I guess I'll just go down to the hardware store
and *buy* a better lock and install it myself."

"Er. Well, sir, I'm afraid I must direct your attention to Section
IX, Paragraph 7 of your Bill the Builder contract, which states
specifically that only Bill the Builder is allowed to alter your
house in any way."

"What are you talking about? It's my house!"

"Well, actually, sir, if you refer to Section II of the contract,
you will see that it is not in fact your house, but our house.
Technically you have a perpetual rent-free lease. You may use the
house in any way you see fit, subject to contractual provisions,
but you may not alter it. Only we may alter it."

"I seeeee. What a shame. Well, I must ask you to excuse me, I have
some shopping to do."

"In fact, sir, our houses are designed so that you *can't* alter
them, unless you have the correct keys to access the hardware.
Which only our technicians have."

"Why...you little...!" <SLAM>

<five weeks later>

"Bill the Builder! Good morning!"

"This is Mr. Baker. My house has been broken into *again*."

"I'm very sorry to hear that, Mr. Baker. What can we do for you?"

"You can put on a better lock!"

"Well, Mr. Baker, as I explained before..."

"I know! I know! You don't have a better lock! Unless I get this
new 'House 2003' of yours."

"Which is available NOW, and at a discount for current customers!"

"Feh. I suppose I'll have to pony up for it, it's better than
having my house broken into every month. But this one had better
have a damned good lock on it!"

"Oh, certainly, Mr. Baker! We guarantee it!"

"Well, good. All right. I'll come down and do the paperwork."

<three months later>

"Bill the Builder! Good morning!"

"Hello. This is Mr. Baker. I have a House 2003 and it's just been
broken into."

"Oh dear, I'm very sorry..."

"And I'm looking at your contract here, and I see your so-called
'guarantee' only offers to take the house back and reimburse me
for the value of the house."

"Well, yes sir. That's our limitation of liability."

"It doesn't cover the damage that was done to my furniture because
your lock failed."

"Well, no sir, that would be consequential damage, and we don't
cover that."

"Can you at least put in a better lock? This one is hardly any
better than the old one!"

"Oh, yes, sir! If you sign on to our special service contract, we
will undertake to replace your lock every month, with our latest
and most secure model!"

"Great. So I'll have workers coming in and messing with my lock
every month. Just great."

"Of course, it's purely optional, sir. You don't have to sign up
for the service contract if you'd prefer not to."

"No, of course not. I can just put up with break-ins. I'll sign up
for your service contract all right, you bloodsucker."

<two months later>

"Bill the Builder! Good morning!"

"Hello. This is Mr. Baker. You'll be happy to hear that no one has
gotten through the lock on my front door since you started
replacing the lock every month."

"We certainly are happy to hear that, Mr..."

"They came in through the window, instead!"

"Oh dear, I'm very sorry to..."

"Yes, yes, I know! You're very sorry to hear that! Fine! What are
you going to *do* about it?"

"Well sir, actually, this is not the first report we've had of
this problem. Our lock technicians are working very hard on better
security for windows. It's all part of our new focus on secure
windows."

"Well, that's very comforting. I suppose you'll charge me extra
for them, too."

"Of *course* not, sir! The security of your home is now our top
priority! Our technicians will come to your home and install new
window locks at the same time as they install new door locks."

"Oh. Well, good. These better locks will be available soon, then?"

"Very soon, sir."

"Good. Good day."

<three months later>

"Bill the Builder! Good morning!"

"Hello. This is Mr. Baker. Your technicians installed my new locks
three days ago. My house was broken into yesterday. The police
said it looks like they made a mistake installing the door lock."

"Oh dear, I'm very..."

"And--" <ding-dong> "excuse me, someone's at the door. I'll call
you back."

<30 minutes later>

"Bill the Builder! Good morning!"

"Hello, Mr. Baker again."

"Hello, Mr. Baker! How may we help you today?"

"I was going to suggest that you get your act together. But I
think I'd rather just stop dealing with your company entirely. One
of my neighbors just dropped by and she mentioned another builder
that she's been quite happy with."

"Really, sir? May I ask who?"

"Some outfit run by a couple of young fellows named...Richard and
Linus, I think she said. Apparently they build much better and
safer homes and don't charge nearly as much for them."

"Oh, sir! Yes, I know who you mean. But sir, have you noticed that
their houses don't look nearly as nice as ours do? And I've heard
they're not as easy to get around in, either. And they certainly
don't have our reputation! Why, they're just a couple of fellows
barely out of college! Our company has been building homes for
twenty years!"

"Well, maybe, but my neighbor has had one of their houses for two
years now and it hasn't been broken into even once. And she says
whenever they find a problem with one of their locks, or anything
else, she gets it installed right away, for free. Sounds a lot
better than the kind of service I've gotten from you. I can put up
with a house that's a little rougher around the edges if I don't
have to worry about hoodlums breaking in every few weeks."

"But sir, as I've said, better locks are now our TOP priority! And
I'm prepared to offer you an upgrade to our latest model, at a
substantially reduced price! In fact, sir...we have a new policy,
now! If anyone breaks into your house, we offer a five *million*
dollar reward for information leading to their arrest! Now,
doesn't that sound like a good deal?"

"Hmm. Decent locks so they can't break in at all, or a five
million dollar reward after they break in. Interesting idea. I'll
have to think real hard about that one. Tell you what...I'll call
you back."

<click> <bzzzzzzzzzzzzz>

--
Tom Zych
This is a fake email address to thwart spammers.

Colonel Flagg 11-17-2003 01:21 AM

bwahahahahah

In article <3FB80F52.8B97221A@pobox.com>, tznospam@pobox.com says...

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Privacy at a click:
http://www.cotse.net

A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

"...I see stupid people."

Sargeant Sir London Rulz 11-17-2003 08:39 AM

Re: bwahahahahah

Colonel Flagg <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org> Woke up and
decided to grace this newsgroup to say news:MPG.1a21ec9b2cb4c8fa989bc0
@news.charter.net:

> In article <3FB80F52.8B97221A@pobox.com>, tznospam@pobox.com says...
>> Feel free to distribute.
>>

>> "Bill the Builder! Good morning!"
>>
>> "Good morning. I'd like to build a house."
>>

>> <click> <bzzzzzzzzzzzzz>

LMFAO
Nice

--
SSLR

On the Subject of PMD,
Frozen North
Made the statement
>>PMD must have floated in as a child from France on a leaky
>>innertube.

>could explain a few things, do you think he hit himself over the head
>with a baseball bat ?

Maybe he did, after he enjoyed the feeling of having it up his ass,
hence Poopie Mental Disorder.

@micro$oft.com 11-18-2003 10:11 AM

Re: Bill the Builder! Good morning!

Tom Zych wrote:

> "Bill the Builder! Good morning!"
>
> "Good morning. I'd like to build a house."

And you know what, it's as true as it is funny, because that's how they
are too!

--

=-=-Mod_SSL/GPG/OpenSSL=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Atr2-WBS=-=-=-=-
jayjwa(){