Velocity Reviews

-   -   Secure delete utility (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t304506-secure-delete-utility.html)

B. Adams 10-18-2003 01:45 AM

Secure delete utility

I'm using Windows 98 and am looking for a program, either commercial,
shareware or freeware, that will securely delete files so that they CANNOT
be recovered (by cannot, I mean, ideally, not by any intelligence in the
known universe). I'd like to be able to delete any file or files I specify,
to be able to use wildcards, and also have the option of cleaning or wiping
unused portions of a drive. I like the command line, so a Windows interface
is not necessary, a DOS prompt program would be just fine. Thanks for any
suggestions.

Plastic surgery for instance ... 10-18-2003 06:42 AM

Re: Secure delete utility

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:45:11 -0400, B. Adams wrote:
> I'm using Windows 98 and am looking for a program, either commercial,
> shareware or freeware, that will securely delete files so that they CANNOT
> be recovered (by cannot, I mean, ideally, not by any intelligence in the
> known universe). I'd like to be able to delete any file or files I specify,
> to be able to use wildcards, and also have the option of cleaning or wiping
> unused portions of a drive. I like the command line, so a Windows interface
> is not necessary, a DOS prompt program would be just fine. Thanks for any
> suggestions.

You could try http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/ , or http://www.pgpi.org.

Both applications on the respective sites will do what you desire I'm sure.

--
Got MIME ? - http://www.f-prot.com
Got Win2000/XP & TCP/IP ? - http://www.kerio.com

Colonel Flagg 10-18-2003 07:52 AM

Re: Secure delete utility

In article <bmq64p$eulj$1@news3.infoave.net>, paadams@wilkes.net says...
> I'm using Windows 98 and am looking for a program, either commercial,
> shareware or freeware, that will securely delete files so that they CANNOT
> be recovered (by cannot, I mean, ideally, not by any intelligence in the
> known universe). I'd like to be able to delete any file or files I specify,
> to be able to use wildcards, and also have the option of cleaning or wiping
> unused portions of a drive. I like the command line, so a Windows interface
> is not necessary, a DOS prompt program would be just fine. Thanks for any
> suggestions.

get a blow torch.

--
Colonel Flagg