Velocity Reviews

-   -   voip.co.uk Voicemail (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t304066-voip-co-uk-voicemail.html)

Jono 06-25-2006 01:38 PM

voip.co.uk Voicemail

Hello,

How on earth do you change your VM pin from the web interface? Every time I
try, I'm told that the SMS number is wrong.

So......

I seem to be able to only change the PIN by entering a mobile number for SMS
notification.

So..........

How do you then delete the SMS number? Every time I try, I'm told that the
SMS number is wrong.

So..........

I have entered 0 for the SMS number, which it seemed to accept, however, I
am billed 10p now for every VM, even though the SMS number field is blank.

David Floyd 06-25-2006 01:55 PM

Re: voip.co.uk Voicemail

In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
>Hello,
>
>How on earth do you change your VM pin from the web interface? Every time I
>try, I'm told that the SMS number is wrong.
>
>So......
>
>I seem to be able to only change the PIN by entering a mobile number for SMS
>notification.
>
>So..........
>
>How do you then delete the SMS number? Every time I try, I'm told that the
>SMS number is wrong.
>
>So..........
>
>I have entered 0 for the SMS number, which it seemed to accept, however, I
>am billed 10p now for every VM, even though the SMS number field is blank.

What was their reply to the ticket you raised?

Jono 06-25-2006 03:02 PM

Re: voip.co.uk Voicemail

David Floyd pretended :
> In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
>>Hello,
>>
>>How on earth do you change your VM pin from the web interface? Every time I
>>try, I'm told that the SMS number is wrong.
>>
>>So......
>>
>>I seem to be able to only change the PIN by entering a mobile number for SMS
>>notification.
>>
>>So..........
>>
>>How do you then delete the SMS number? Every time I try, I'm told that the
>>SMS number is wrong.
>>
>>So..........
>>
>>I have entered 0 for the SMS number, which it seemed to accept, however, I
>>am billed 10p now for every VM, even though the SMS number field is blank.
>>

> What was their reply to the ticket you raised?

That it should be possible to change the PIN without entering an SMS
number; that the SMS texts that have already been sent were sent
correctly, (even though there is no number in the SMS field); that they
will ensure no further SMS are sent (yet they still are)

David Floyd 06-25-2006 03:36 PM

Re: voip.co.uk Voicemail

In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
>David Floyd pretended :
>> In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>How on earth do you change your VM pin from the web interface? Every time I
>>>try, I'm told that the SMS number is wrong.
>>>
>>>So......
>>>
>>>I seem to be able to only change the PIN by entering a mobile number for SMS
>>>notification.
>>>
>>>So..........
>>>
>>>How do you then delete the SMS number? Every time I try, I'm told that the
>>>SMS number is wrong.
>>>
>>>So..........
>>>
>>>I have entered 0 for the SMS number, which it seemed to accept, however, I
>>>am billed 10p now for every VM, even though the SMS number field is blank.
>>>

>> What was their reply to the ticket you raised?

>That it should be possible to change the PIN without entering an SMS
>number; that the SMS texts that have already been sent were sent
>correctly, (even though there is no number in the SMS field); that they
>will ensure no further SMS are sent (yet they still are)

Well, I think you can only keep on at them; if the problem persists then
the ticket should not be closed.

I changed my PIN some while back now and it worked OK; so I'm not going
to risk any problems now.

David

Jono 06-25-2006 07:13 PM

Re: voip.co.uk Voicemail

David Floyd explained on 25/06/2006 :
> In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
>>David Floyd pretended :
>>> In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes

>>> What was their reply to the ticket you raised?

>>That it should be possible to change the PIN without entering an SMS number;
>> that the SMS texts that have already been sent were sent correctly, (even
>> though there is no number in the SMS field); that they will ensure no
>> further SMS are sent (yet they still are)
>>

> Well, I think you can only keep on at them; if the problem persists then the
> ticket should not be closed.
>
> I changed my PIN some while back now and it worked OK; so I'm not going to
> risk any problems now.
>
> David

They've very quickly refunded the erroneous SMS charges. Very
impressed.