Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   UK VOIP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f34-uk-voip.html)
-   -   Local Number from VOIP SP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t304037-local-number-from-voip-sp.html)

John F Kappler 06-18-2006 06:26 PM

Local Number from VOIP SP
 
This may not be the right place for this question but I'll try
anyway....

My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming calls. Will I
get a BT directory entry with that number?

TIA,

JohnK

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} 06-18-2006 06:58 PM

Re: Local Number from VOIP SP
 
Thus spaketh John F Kappler:
> This may not be the right place for this question but I'll try
> anyway....
>
> My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming calls. Will I
> get a BT directory entry with that number?
>
> TIA,
>
> JohnK


Only if you request it.



M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 06-18-2006 07:04 PM

Re: Local Number from VOIP SP
 
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:26:03 GMT, johnk@pceffect.co.uk (John F
Kappler) wrote:


>My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming calls. Will I
>get a BT directory entry with that number?

To my knowledge the only way to get a BT entry is to be a BT customer
or maybe a Telewest customer .

Ivor Jones 06-18-2006 07:10 PM

Re: Local Number from VOIP SP
 

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
wrote in message
news:8nhlg.88142$wl.38844@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk
> Thus spaketh John F Kappler:
> > This may not be the right place for this question but
> > I'll try anyway....
> >
> > My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming
> > calls. Will I get a BT directory entry with that number?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > JohnK

>
> Only if you request it.


Not always the case, it depends on the VoIP provider. Sipgate for one do
not list numbers in any directory, they say it is for regulatory reasons,
but not sure what they mean by that..!

Ivor



Ivor Jones 06-18-2006 07:11 PM

Re: Local Number from VOIP SP
 

<M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:pq8b92haqns5gp5blv71b4jkmq08kkmu1h@4ax.com
> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:26:03 GMT, johnk@pceffect.co.uk
> (John F Kappler) wrote:
>
>
> > My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming
> > calls. Will I get a BT directory entry with that number?


> To my knowledge the only way to get a BT entry is to be a
> BT customer or maybe a Telewest customer .


I believe you can request a mobile number to be listed.

Ivor



Jono 06-18-2006 07:19 PM

Re: Local Number from VOIP SP
 
M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk formulated the question :
> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:26:03 GMT, johnk@pceffect.co.uk (John F
> Kappler) wrote:
>
>
>> My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming calls. Will I
>> get a BT directory entry with that number?

> To my knowledge the only way to get a BT entry is to be a BT customer
> or maybe a Telewest customer .


I have my mobile number listed in the directory.

I used to pay about 5 a quarter for this "special entry"

I cancelled it 10 years ago...........it's still in.

You can have any number listed in the directory, it would seem.



Jono 06-18-2006 07:20 PM

Re: Local Number from VOIP SP
 
Ivor Jones pretended :
> <M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:pq8b92haqns5gp5blv71b4jkmq08kkmu1h@4ax.com
>> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:26:03 GMT, johnk@pceffect.co.uk
>> (John F Kappler) wrote:
>>
>>
>> > My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming
>> > calls. Will I get a BT directory entry with that number?

>
>> To my knowledge the only way to get a BT entry is to be a
>> BT customer or maybe a Telewest customer .

>
> I believe you can request a mobile number to be listed.
>
> Ivor


Fastest finger first!



Sean 06-18-2006 07:33 PM

Re: Local Number from VOIP SP
 
Jono wrote:
> M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk formulated the question :
>> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:26:03 GMT, johnk@pceffect.co.uk (John F
>> Kappler) wrote:
>>
>>
>>> My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming calls. Will I
>>> get a BT directory entry with that number?

>> To my knowledge the only way to get a BT entry is to be a BT customer
>> or maybe a Telewest customer .

>
> I have my mobile number listed in the directory.
>
> I used to pay about 5 a quarter for this "special entry"
>
> I cancelled it 10 years ago...........it's still in.
>
> You can have any number listed in the directory, it would seem.
>
>


I have noticed mobile numbers in the telephone directory.. Seems to be
one on almost every page!

I asked about it ages ago, and was told it was not possible.

Interesting stuff :D

Jono 06-18-2006 07:43 PM

Re: Local Number from VOIP SP
 
Sean brought next idea :

>
> I have noticed mobile numbers in the telephone directory.. Seems to be one on
> almost every page!
>


You have far too much time on your hands ;-)



Telephoneman 06-18-2006 08:56 PM

Re: Local Number from VOIP SP
 

"Ivor Jones" <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote in message
news:4flmpdF1iougcU1@individual.net...
>
> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote in message
> news:8nhlg.88142$wl.38844@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk
>> Thus spaketh John F Kappler:
>> > This may not be the right place for this question but
>> > I'll try anyway....
>> >
>> > My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming
>> > calls. Will I get a BT directory entry with that number?
>> >
>> > TIA,
>> >
>> > JohnK

>>
>> Only if you request it.

>
> Not always the case, it depends on the VoIP provider. Sipgate for one do
> not list numbers in any directory, they say it is for regulatory reasons,
> but not sure what they mean by that..!
>
> Ivor
>

AFAIK if you are a UK Company issuing numbers to UK customers it is a
regulatory requirement that you must offer the facility of entry into the UK
phone directory for those that request it.




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.