Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   HTML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f31-html.html)
-   -   padding problem on my site (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t303751-padding-problem-on-my-site.html)

Roman Ziak 07-20-2006 01:34 AM

padding problem on my site
 
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with integrating MyBB and CubeCart. I made my templates
for both applications but cannot get them to the same position.

I want "container" element be 8px from the body element (top), but in
MyBB it puts it at 24px (from Firebug layout inspector). This is even
further in IE.

CubeCart stylesheet:

body
{
margin: 8px;
background: #aaa;
}

#pageSurround
{
width: 748px;
margin: 0px auto;
padding: 0;
border: 1px solid #444;
background: #eef;
}

CubeCart body:


<table cellpadding=0 cellspacing=8 id="pageSurround">
<tr>

MyBB stylesheet:

body {
margin: 8px;
padding: 0;
background-color: #aaa;
color: #000;
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;
font-size: small;
}

#container {
width: 748px;
margin: 0px auto;
padding: 0;
border: 1px solid #444;
background: #eef;
offsetTop: 8px;
}

MyBB body starts:

<table id="container" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=8>
<tr>



The site is www.dipmicro.com

Thanks for all opinions:

Thanks.
Roman

dorayme 07-20-2006 02:30 AM

Re: padding problem on my site
 
In article <V4Bvg.81885$hp.64396@read2.cgocable.net>,
Roman Ziak <news12@ziak.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a problem with integrating MyBB and CubeCart. I made my templates
> for both applications but cannot get them to the same position.


Hello somebody. First try validating.

--
dorayme

Roman Ziak 07-20-2006 04:18 AM

Re: padding problem on my site
 
dorayme wrote:
> In article <V4Bvg.81885$hp.64396@read2.cgocable.net>,
> Roman Ziak <news12@ziak.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I have a problem with integrating MyBB and CubeCart. I made my templates
>> for both applications but cannot get them to the same position.

>
> Hello somebody. First try validating.
>


Great advice ! After making the validator happy my problem disapeared.

I am not HTML/CSS expert but this puzzles me:

<tr>
<td id="header">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>

does validate, but

<tr>
<td id="header">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>

does not (2 spaces before TD element)

Thanks dorayme for the advice !
Roman

dorayme 07-20-2006 04:37 AM

Re: padding problem on my site
 
In article <NuDvg.81897$hp.58023@read2.cgocable.net>,
Roman Ziak <news12@ziak.com> wrote:

> I am not HTML/CSS expert but this puzzles me:
>
> <tr>
> <td id="header">&nbsp;</td>
> </tr>
>
> does validate, but
>
> <tr>
> <td id="header">&nbsp;</td>
> </tr>
>
> does not (2 spaces before TD element)


Validators do odd things, they are not always right. You might
find if you look closely that the validator concerned is just
giving a "warning" rather than a caning, some browsers,
especially older ones and especially Mac IE 5, did odd things as
a result of unnecessary white space (which they should simply
treat as one space). Just be sure there is not a little char
somewhere there that is not whitespace...

--
dorayme


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.