Velocity Reviews

-   -   div alt text (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t303534-div-alt-text.html)

joerg pfeffer 06-20-2006 10:27 PM

div alt text

hello,

can I set an alt text for a div? Which shows, when nothing is loaded
into it? like an img alt?

joerg

Jonathan N. Little 06-21-2006 12:17 AM

Re: div alt text

joerg pfeffer wrote:
> hello,
>
> can I set an alt text for a div? Which shows, when nothing is loaded
> into it? like an img alt?
>
> joerg

No.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/index/attributes.html

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Mark Parnell 06-21-2006 12:18 AM

Re: div alt text

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, joerg pfeffer
<superbla3000@gmx.net> declared in alt.html:

> can I set an alt text for a div?

No. That wouldn't make any sense. What are you actually trying to do?

--
Mark Parnell
My Usenet is improved; yours could be too:

jojo 06-21-2006 05:11 AM

Re: div alt text

joerg pfeffer schrieb:
> hello,
>
> can I set an alt text for a div? Which shows, when nothing is loaded
> into it? like an img alt?
>
> joerg

You say an empty div-tag? What should be the need of this? If you have
the div to write data dynamically into with any script, why don't you
use the same script to write a text in it when nothing else is loaded?