Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to theme Browse button of a FileUpload control? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t303442-how-to-theme-browse-button-of-a-fileupload-control.html)

yeltsin27@yahoo.co.uk 07-20-2006 08:42 AM

How to theme Browse button of a FileUpload control?

Theming seems only to affect the text box of a FileUpload control, not
the Browse button. Is there any way to theme the button as well?

Thanks,

ChrisN

Chris Lincoln 07-20-2006 02:05 PM

Re: How to theme Browse button of a FileUpload control?

I managed to accomplish this using FrontPage while working on a
Sharepoint site a while ago. You can use the style attribute and then
set border-color, border-width, etc. I would imagine a css class would
be effective too, although I have not tried that with a FileUpload
control.

e.g.
<asp:FileUpload ID="FileUpload1" runat="server"
style="border-color:#b8b8b8;"/>

Hope this helps.

-Chris Lincoln

neilmcguigan@gmail.com 07-20-2006 04:00 PM

Re: How to theme Browse button of a FileUpload control?

check out the fileupload control from metabuilders, let's you add
server styles:

http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/FileUpload.aspx

neil

tfsmag 07-20-2006 06:16 PM

Re: How to theme Browse button of a FileUpload control?

It is not possible to style the actual button on an file upload. I have
seen a hack that uses CSS to place a "fake" style over the top of the
button.. here is a link that explains it better.

http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html

LeeAdama 01-28-2012 06:42 PM

Straight forward styling of FileUpload without CSS hacks

I found an excellent post about styling this without using any CSS hacks :) Mathias Kunto has a few lines of jQuery and some codebehind: http://blog.mathiaskunto.com/2012/01...trol-adapters/

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfsmag (Post 1606645)