Velocity Reviews

-   -   Serious Error With Custom Membership Provider (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t301624-serious-error-with-custom-membership-provider.html)

Rai_Prash 07-19-2006 08:32 AM

Serious Error With Custom Membership Provider

Hi,

I have created two custom providers one for "MemberShip" & other for "Role". I have tested them, both are working fine. The function like "ValidateUser()", "Createuser()", etc all are working fine with the new providers.

But when I tried for "ASP.Net Configuration" (website->ASP.Net Configuration) for setting roles etc (by clicking on "Security" tab in configuration page, I get following error:

"There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.
The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An error occurred loading a configuration file: The parameter 'exePath' is invalid. Parameter name: exePath"

Although I have selected both 2 providers each for Membership & Role by clicking on "Provider" tab in configuration page.

Please help me so that I can rush it out.

Thank you

Rai_Prash 07-20-2006 04:47 AM

Hi,

Still I didnt get any reply. Please help. Its very urgent.

Thank you

Rai_Prash 07-24-2006 05:00 AM

Hi,

No one is there who can help me assist me for this problem.

Please help.

Thank you