Velocity Reviews

-   -   Simple example of error handling using base class inheritance? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t301353-simple-example-of-error-handling-using-base-class-inheritance.html)

Doug 07-03-2006 07:40 PM

Simple example of error handling using base class inheritance?

Can someone point me to a very simple example in VB.NET/ASP.NET of
inheritance from a base class? I would like to define a BasePage class
from which all of my pages can inherit.

I would like to use this as an error handler.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Doug 07-03-2006 09:07 PM

Re: Simple example of error handling using base class inheritance?

I found this:

http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterA...200305mc_l.asp

and put it into my solution. Changed the first line in my
MainMenu.aspx.vb from "Inherits System.Web.UI.Page" to "Inherits
PageBase". Put a break on the first line of code and forced an error,
but it didn't go there. I currently have "CustomErrors mode="On" in
web config and defaultRedirect pointing to "ErrorHandler.aspx". Not
sure if I am mixing two dif't things together here or not.