Velocity Reviews

-   -   App_Code folder.... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t301221-app_code-folder.html)

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcExhZA==?= 06-30-2006 04:28 PM

App_Code folder....

Hello,

I am using Visual Web Developer Express, and I am new at using it. I have
built an application where default.aspx.cs references a method in
Utilities.cs. I have put Utilities.cs in the App_Code folder. It runs fine
in the development environment, but when I upload it to my host which
supports ASP 2.0, I get the following error....

CS0103: The name 'Utilities' does not exist in the current context

If I put the method in default.aspx.cs, it works fine, but I thought I could
have external classes if I wanted, and I thought that the reference to
anything in the App_Code folder was automatic. Do I need some type of
explicit reference? Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] 06-30-2006 04:58 PM

Re: App_Code folder....

Are you able to confirm that the site is actually running under ASP.NET 2.0?
If not, it wouldn't recognize the special App_Code folder.