Velocity Reviews

-   -   changing the "../" reference PATH in Visual Studio (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t300780-changing-the-reference-path-in-visual-studio.html)

mosscliffe 06-23-2006 11:32 AM

changing the "../" reference PATH in Visual Studio

I need to reference a file on my published server as
"../mydir/myfile.txt", which is fine and it works.

On my local develop computer the "../mydir" refers to C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7

Is there any way I can get the "../" to refer to somewhere more
convenient, ideally as /mydir within my project.

I could not find any settings in Visual Studio, which referred to this
'Common7' Directory.

Thanks

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) 06-23-2006 11:42 AM

Re: changing the "../" reference PATH in Visual Studio

You can use a DEBUG switch to set a different path when in debug mode (on
your local box). That would be the easiest. This means you will have to
remember to create RELEASE builds when it goes to production, but you should
already be doing that.

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think Outside the Box!
news:1151062345.152885.20160@p79g2000cwp.googlegro ups.com...

mosscliffe 06-23-2006 11:51 AM

Re: changing the "../" reference PATH in Visual Studio

Many thanks for the swift reply, but your solution is a bit ahead of my
knowledge.

Is there an example anywhere of using RELEASE BUILDS and DEBUG
switches.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) 06-24-2006 01:06 AM

Re: changing the "../" reference PATH in Visual Studio

C#
http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive36.html

VB.NET
http://www.learnvisualstudio.net/Vid..._Then_Else.htm - video

If these are not good enough, google "conditional compilation" and whatever
language you are using.

Hope this helps.

--

news:1151063510.114671.221740@g10g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...