Velocity Reviews

-   -   Acceessing client site dll in vbscript at client site (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t300114-acceessing-client-site-dll-in-vbscript-at-client-site.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpZW50IHNpdGUgZGxsIGluIHZic2NyaXB0?= 06-13-2006 01:20 PM

Acceessing client site dll in vbscript at client site

Hi i have one dll on client site,i want to use it in aspx page, on clinet site
Is it possible or not .Please tell me the solution
Please email me at indipren@hotmail.com

Regarda
Indi

Patrice 06-13-2006 02:42 PM

Re: Acceessing client site dll in vbscript at client site

Not clear...

You can't use a client side server side (is this what you mean by "aspx
page").

You could use this DLL client side (from JavaScript code rendered by the
ASPX page and sent to the client) as long as security allows this (for
example Microsoft.XMLHttp). If not you may have to adjust security settings
(for example putting the site in the trusted zone)...

Describing what you are trying to do may help...

--
Patrice

"client site dll in vbscript" <client site dll in vbscript
@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
436B51FE-59D8-431B-A899-DBB14AD0ED27@microsoft.com...
> Hi i have one dll on client site,i want to use it in aspx page, on clinet
> site
> Is it possible or not .Please tell me the solution
> Please email me at indipren@hotmail.com
>
> Regarda
> Indi

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpZW50IHNpdGUgZGxsIGluIHZic2NyaXB0?= 06-14-2006 06:15 AM

Re: Acceessing client site dll in vbscript at client site

Hi:
I am on local intranet.I have one dll installed on each client machine,which
takes some parameter and print out the report.I have one asp.net
application.In that on one aspx page there is Print button.On clicking this,i
want code to run in javascript or vbscript to make object of dll,call its
function and pass the parameter nad gets job done.But when i am using
createobject() in vbscript then is is telling automation cannot create object.
I am not sure ,what is basic procedure to run the dll.
Please tell me the solution
Regards
Indi

Patrice 06-14-2006 01:43 PM

Re: Acceessing client site dll in vbscript at client site

Is the DLL registered correctly on each client machine ? (use regsvr32 if
needed). You can also use a local vbscript file to test if instanciation
works correctly...

If the DLL is property registered client side this is because by default a
web site can't create a non safe object (one that could print out, save/read
files etc...). (but IMO it fails silently so I would rather think for now
that the DLL is not correctly registered). In this case a possible solution
is to put your site in the trusted zone. This way the user will have a
prompt when the web page tries to instanciate this non safe object. You can
customize the zone settings so that this prompt doesn't show up any more.

--

de news: 884A192C-461B-4DFA-A255-0E664FCA6623@microsoft.com...
> Hi:
> I am on local intranet.I have one dll installed on each client
> machine,which
> takes some parameter and print out the report.I have one asp.net
> application.In that on one aspx page there is Print button.On clicking
> this,i
> want code to run in javascript or vbscript to make object of dll,call its
> function and pass the parameter nad gets job done.But when i am using
> createobject() in vbscript then is is telling automation cannot create
> object.
> I am not sure ,what is basic procedure to run the dll.
> Please tell me the solution
> Regards
> Indi
>
> "Patrice" wrote:
>
>> Not clear...
>>
>> You can't use a client side server side (is this what you mean by "aspx
>> page").
>>
>> You could use this DLL client side (from JavaScript code rendered by the
>> ASPX page and sent to the client) as long as security allows this (for
>> example Microsoft.XMLHttp). If not you may have to adjust security
>> settings
>> (for example putting the site in the trusted zone)...
>>
>> Describing what you are trying to do may help...
>>
>> --
>> Patrice
>>
>> "client site dll in vbscript" <client site dll in vbscript
>> @discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>> 436B51FE-59D8-431B-A899-DBB14AD0ED27@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi i have one dll on client site,i want to use it in aspx page, on
>> > clinet
>> > site
>> > Is it possible or not .Please tell me the solution
>> > Please email me at indipren@hotmail.com
>> >
>> > Regarda
>> > Indi

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpZW50IHNpdGUgZGxsIGluIHZic2NyaXB0?= 06-14-2006 02:42 PM

Re: Acceessing client site dll in vbscript at client site

Hi:
I made one classlibrary libsum in vb.net,In that there is one class
clsSum.In that i have written on simple function Add.I make dll
libsum.dll.When i am using regsvr32 libsum.dll ,then it is telling libsum.dll
loaded,
DllRegisterserver entry point not found,the file can not be registered.I
guess that does not make any difference.Now i made a web application WebSum
on localhost.I added localhost as trusted sites in Interner
explorer setting.Now i define libsum.dll as object in aspx page like this
<OBJECT ID="VSTwain1" WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1
CLASSID="http://localhost/websum/libsum.dll"
CODEBASE="http://localhost/websum/libsum.dll">
</OBJECT>

I placed libsum.dll in root folder of the websum application.

Now in javascript function.
In alert(VSTwain1)
i am getting [object]

But when i am accessing VSTwain1.Add method
Then it is giving eror message object does not support this property or
method.

Note:
websum is web based application
libsum.dll is class library with project name as libsum and class name as
clsSum
and function as Add()

I hope u have understood the problem.

Please tell me the solution