Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCDST starting on MCSE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t299512-mcdst-starting-on-mcse.html)

=?Utf-8?B?c3RtYXk=?= 06-12-2006 01:29 PM

MCDST starting on MCSE

Hey guys. Got a question. I have my 70-270 test scheduled for the end of
June. In the past month and a half I've passed both 70-271 & 70-271 with
scores over 900 on both.

I guess I'm just wondering how different the 270 test is from the 271. I'm
not looking for specifics or anything, but I'm getting a bit tired of
studying the XP stuff and just wondered how much time I really need to invest
in studying for 270 while I still have the 271 & 272 fresh in my mind.

If anyone that has taken this same route has any advice for me, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

=?Utf-8?B?c3RtYXk=?= 06-12-2006 01:32 PM

RE: MCDST starting on MCSE

Sorry, I should have posted this in the MCSA group. That's what I'm
currently working on.

But, if anyone has any advice I'd still appreciate hearing it.

Thanks,

Steve

=?Utf-8?B?SGFpcmJhbGw1Ng==?= 06-12-2006 06:57 PM

RE: MCDST starting on MCSE

Funny, you did it backwards like me, I too did the 271/272 set, then the 270.
The 270 was a bit more intense, you need to know more back end of the
mechanics of things, permissions, disk management, etc. I passed 270 last
week with 936, it's really the foundation for 271, 272, so you shouldn't have
any trouble. If you have the extra funds and are a bit worried about it, sign
up for one of the MS approved practice tests, you for sure can't go wrong
there since they are sanctioned by MS.
Good luck
--
~~MCP~~MCDST~~Working on MCSE~~

=?Utf-8?B?SGFpcmJhbGw1Ng==?= 06-12-2006 06:57 PM

RE: MCDST starting on MCSE