Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco 2950 Port Configuration (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t29922-cisco-2950-port-configuration.html)

jlk 11-03-2003 05:44 AM

Cisco 2950 Port Configuration

I've looked at the instructions for configuring a Cisco switches port
speed and duplex settings, but for some reason, i get the error
incomplete command when trying to go into interface config. Can
someone post the exact command i need to enter after going into config
terminal to set the port speed to 100mb and full duplex for a Cisco
2950 with IOS 12.1(11).
Thanks!

John Gill 11-03-2003 08:45 AM

Re: Cisco 2950 Port Configuration

This was done on a 2950 running IOS 12.1(13) but it should be the same for
12.1(11)

Switch#config t
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
Switch(config)#interface fastethernet 0/1
Switch(config-if)#speed 100
Switch(config-if)#duplex full
Switch(config-if)#

and that's it... let us know if there are any other questions.

-John

news:f0bcd9fe.0311022144.6d1592e2@posting.google.c om...