Velocity Reviews

-   -   Anyone with experience with pod catcher software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t299166-anyone-with-experience-with-pod-catcher-software.html)

default 06-27-2006 03:20 PM

Anyone with experience with pod catcher software

Running FF and Windows ME is there someone who uses an extension or
piece of free software to download podcasts?

Preferably something you use and would recommend . . .

Jedi Fans 06-27-2006 05:40 PM

Re: Anyone with experience with pod catcher software

On 27/06/06 16:20, default Scribbled:
> Running FF and Windows ME is there someone who uses an extension or
> piece of free software to download podcasts?
>
> Preferably something you use and would recommend . . .

Although it is in very early stages of devel, see
<http://www.songbirdnest.com/>

--
Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
Kieren aka JediFans - <url:http://jedifans.com/>

Jedi Fans 06-27-2006 05:40 PM

default 06-27-2006 06:23 PM

Re: Anyone with experience with pod catcher software

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:40:06 +0100, Jedi Fans
<"news[at]jedifans[--=dot=-]com"> wrote:

>On 27/06/06 16:20, default Scribbled:
>> Running FF and Windows ME is there someone who uses an extension or
>> piece of free software to download podcasts?
>>
>> Preferably something you use and would recommend . . .

>Although it is in very early stages of devel, see
><http://www.songbirdnest.com/>

Doesn't look like it will work with Windows ME

but thanks for the reply

default 06-27-2006 06:23 PM

gwtc 06-27-2006 08:49 PM

default wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:40:06 +0100, Jedi Fans
> <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot=-]com"> wrote:
>

>>On 27/06/06 16:20, default Scribbled:
>>
>>>Running FF and Windows ME is there someone who uses an extension or
>>>piece of free software to download podcasts?
>>>
>>>Preferably something you use and would recommend . . .

>>Although it is in very early stages of devel, see
>><http://www.songbirdnest.com/>

> Doesn't look like it will work with Windows ME
>
> but thanks for the reply

I'm using it with win98, so if it works with me, then it'd work for you.

--
Murphy's Laws of Computing: The first place to look for information is
in the section of the manual where you least expect to find it.

gwtc 06-27-2006 08:49 PM

default 06-27-2006 09:35 PM

Re: Anyone with experience with pod catcher software

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:49:08 -0700, gwtc
<TheNewGWTC@0a6e65747363617065.net> wrote:

>default wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:40:06 +0100, Jedi Fans
>> <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot=-]com"> wrote:
>>

>>>On 27/06/06 16:20, default Scribbled:

>>>Although it is in very early stages of devel, see
>>><http://www.songbirdnest.com/>

>> Doesn't look like it will work with Windows ME
>>
>> but thanks for the reply
>>

>I'm using it with win98, so if it works with me, then it'd work for you.

Can't argue with that logic - which version of songbird are you using?

default 06-27-2006 09:35 PM

gwtc 06-27-2006 10:22 PM

default wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:49:08 -0700, gwtc
> <TheNewGWTC@0a6e65747363617065.net> wrote:
>

>>default wrote:

>>>Doesn't look like it will work with Windows ME
>>>
>>>but thanks for the reply
>>>

>>I'm using it with win98, so if it works with me, then it'd work for you.

> Can't argue with that logic - which version of songbird are you using?

the current version: Songbird_0_1_1b.exe

Don't read what it says on the main page. Read the "Full Reqs":
http://www.songbirdnest.com/support/#sysreq and read what I've put in bold

<QUOTE>
What are Songbird's system requirements?
Songbird is only available on a PC right now:
Minimum system requirements

* 733MHz Pentium III or comparable
* 128MB RAM (256MB for WinXP)
* 30MB Hard Disk Space
* 16bit Sound Card
* *Windows 98 SE*, *Windows ME*, Windows 2000,
Windows XP, Windows 2003
* 1x speed or greater CD Burner (Required for Burning)
* 2x speed or greater CDROM (Required for Ripping)

Recommended system requirements

* 1.5 GHz Pentium IV or comparable
* 256MB RAM (512MB for WinXP)
* 30MB Hard Disk Space
* 32bit Sound Card
* Windows 2000, Windows XP
* 8x speed or greater CD Burner (Required for Burning)
* 16x speed or greater CDROM (Required for Ripping)
</UNQUOTE>

If I followed that, then how come I'm running it on win98, just win98,
not win98se