Velocity Reviews

-   -   clearing the ARP cache (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t299101-clearing-the-arp-cache.html)

=?Utf-8?B?cGF3aXNl?= 07-18-2006 06:56 PM

clearing the ARP cache

Recently, when I have to repair my net work connection (which I have to do
periodically), it renews the IP address and all but then says that Windows
could not finish repairing the problem because it the following action cannot
be completed: Clearing the ARP cache. Everything seems to work fine so is
this something I need to be concerned about and how do I correct it and clear
the ARP cache.

Eric Cross [MVP] 07-18-2006 09:22 PM

Re: clearing the ARP cache

You use the Arp tool that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge
Base article.

How to troubleshoot TCP/IP connectivity with Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314067

--
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)

=?Utf-8?B?cGF3aXNl?= 07-19-2006 03:10 AM

Re: clearing the ARP cache

Thanks for that tip and I'll do that but how important is clearing the ARP
cache and why is it suddenly not being cleared when I do a repair?