Velocity Reviews

-   -   Annoying message: "wireless network connection is now connected" (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t298947-annoying-message-wireless-network-connection-is-now-connected.html)

=?Utf-8?B?dGQ=?= 06-23-2006 05:29 PM

Annoying message: "wireless network connection is now connected"

When my computer starts and windows (xp) loads, a little window pops up by my
system tray icon that says "wireless network connection is now connected."
It stays there until I manually close it. Not life threatening, but really
annoying. Any way to turn this off?

TD

kapil [MSFT] 06-23-2006 07:18 PM

Re: Annoying message: "wireless network connection is now connected"

You may find this useful:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307729/en-us

--
************************************************** *****************************************
************************************************** ***************************************

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmtDaGlu?= 06-23-2006 08:21 PM

RE: Annoying message: "wireless network connection is now connected"

Try:

Control Panel->Network connections ->Wireless connection->right click
properties

Then look at the bottom of the properties screen, check or uncheck boxes
pertaining to "notification"

Pavel A. 06-23-2006 08:24 PM

Re: Annoying message: "wireless network connection is now connected"

"td" <td@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8196D75-8F44-47C7-B196-98C9119AC958@microsoft.com...
> When my computer starts and windows (xp) loads, a little window pops up by my
> system tray icon that says "wireless network connection is now connected."
> It stays there until I manually close it. Not life threatening, but really
> annoying. Any way to turn this off?

Disabling all the balloons may be a bit drastic.
In this case, I just go to Network connections and disable the wi-fi device when I don't plan to use it.
This also saves battery power.
When using wi-fi, probably you want to be warned about lost connection.

--PA