Velocity Reviews

-   -   Trying to put a PC and Mac together (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t298944-trying-to-put-a-pc-and-mac-together.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SnVuaW9y?= 06-23-2006 12:10 PM

Trying to put a PC and Mac together

I have a Powerbook Mac with which I can create a Wireless network (airport)
and share my broadband internet with my desktop PC.

The opposite is not true when I tried to set up a wireless network on my PC
and have it shared wirelessly with my Mac.

On my PC I am using a I-O Data USB wireless adapter. How should I proceed ??

Axel Hammerschmidt 06-23-2006 04:07 PM

Re: Trying to put a PC and Mac together

Junior <Junior@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a Powerbook Mac with which I can create a Wireless network
> (airport) and share my broadband internet with my desktop PC.
>
> The opposite is not true when I tried to set up a wireless network on my
> PC and have it shared wirelessly with my Mac.
>
> On my PC I am using a I-O Data USB wireless adapter. How should I proceed
> ??

A Mac running Mac Os 9, or OS X 10.2 and later, has built-in a feature
called Software Base station. I do not think you can do that with a Winows
PC unless you have an application. Of course you can set up a software base
station with your PC running Linux, with certain (Prism) cards.