Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   Firewire port help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t298628-firewire-port-help.html)

guin0011 07-06-2006 09:43 AM

Firewire port help

Hey sorry if I am in the wrong spot to get help, just needa HAND IN FIGURING OUT MY FIREWIRE PORT OR IEEE-1394 port!
I went into device manager and there is nothing that sez IEEE-1394 bus or watever... so I think that my device is not installed, am I right?
If so I have the ASUS K8V-X motherboard but wen I put the driver in I cant find anything bout the firewire port, where can I get a driver to install it, or do you know wat my problem is, thanks!:hmm2:

bigal 07-18-2006 02:48 PM

I don't think your motherboard has firewire or IEEE-1394 ports.

Check this review: http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...php/t4417.html

or check this web site for specs: http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-ASUS_K8V...TX_Motherboard

If you go into System / Device Manager, and all devices are fine (no yellow unknown devices), and you can't find any firewire or IEEE-1394 devices, then you don't have it on your motherboard. Maybe your case has a firewire port, but it's probably not connected to the motherboard because there is no place to connect it.

If you need firewire ports, you can buy a PCI card that has them.

unholy 07-19-2006 06:05 AM

unfortunately your motherboard (the one stated K8V-X) does not have Firewire or IEEE-1394

How ever Models after the K8V Deluexe and K8V SE Deluexe Do.

http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.asp...=3&l2=14&l3=67

Please let us know if u stated the wrong board, because that would dramaticly change things :)