Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   Get Your Work Bench Organized (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t298207-get-your-work-bench-organized.html)

bigal 06-12-2006 12:12 AM

Get Your Work Bench Organized

Hey guys, how many of your have organized your work areas to maximize efficiency and minimize wasted time? Well, me neither. But I did get a second LCD monitor mounted on the left side of my work bench this afternoon. I hooked this LCD up to my "printer-to-computer" machine, the same one you might have seen in Maximum PC back in February 2005. Now I have two independent systems running on the work bench, and the other one (the Sun X-Terminal Mod) has a 4-port KVM switch to handle new machine builds with video, audio, and Internet connectivity.

Maybe I should be in business building mods. It certainly would be more fun than going to work M-F.....:bird: :call2: :shot: :eviltoun:

http://www.bigal-computers.net/bigal...-11-06_01a.JPGhttp://www.bigal-computers.net/bigal...-11-06_02a.JPG
http://www.bigal-computers.net/bigal...-11-06_03a.JPGhttp://www.bigal-computers.net/bigal...-11-06_04a.JPG
http://www.bigal-computers.net/bigal...-11-06_06a.JPGhttp://www.bigal-computers.net/bigal...-11-06_07a.JPG

unholy 06-12-2006 05:25 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Heres some pictures of my workstation :P

i have to set it up properly so all the computers are under the workbench desk. and not on the monitor desk :)

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...1&d=1150088367http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...1&d=1150088367
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...1&d=1150088367http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...1&d=1150088367
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...1&d=1150088716

The Modfather 06-13-2006 10:59 AM

I don't have a workbench. I work wherever I can find room, like the living room floor, sister's living room floor, a card table over my dad's place. :)

unholy 06-13-2006 02:30 PM

man do u live in a unit or something?.... u have to have a desktop in which your computer sits on. At least that man :|

i wanna see your messy desk :)

bigal 06-13-2006 09:21 PM

Come on Modfather. We know you have a secret build area. Let's see some pictures...

The Modfather 06-14-2006 08:31 AM

Ain't got one, got a desk, sure, covered with computer stuff and lots of disks, papers, peripherals, you've seen it, remember? With all the mice and keyboards on the desk. But no workplace where I can do my modding, nope. And I live in a house, end of a row of townhouses, three stories with a den and office and half bath on the first floor, living room, dining room and kitchen on the second and bedrooms and bathroom on the third. Yeah, I could convert a bedroom into a work area but that'd be inconvenient and the shed out back isn't big enough and isn't wired.