Velocity Reviews

-   -   How display dynamic progress info in label control without refreshing page? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t297947-how-display-dynamic-progress-info-in-label-control-without-refreshing-page.html)

Ben 06-08-2006 04:34 PM

How display dynamic progress info in label control without refreshing page?

Hi,

One ASP.NET transactional page conducts a long transaction in a button
click function.
I want to display the transaction progress info in label control
without refreshing page.
It is because page refreshing will commit the transaction
automatically.

How to do it?

Thanks,
Ben

=?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15?= 06-08-2006 05:12 PM

RE: How display dynamic progress info in label control without refresh

Hello Ben, I have done this in a roundabout way by using AJAX to access a web
service that contained the status of the transaction and updating the info as
a progress bar on the page using Javascript.

As for updating the status, I simply had a variable that I would change in a
database periodically as certain transactions took place with a transaction
identifier and the amount complete.

Ben 06-14-2006 09:10 PM

Re: How display dynamic progress info in label control without refresh

Hi Jeremy,

Could you please provide website links or detailed procedures on how to
do it?

Ben