Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP.NET configuration item not found (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t297619-asp-net-configuration-item-not-found.html)

barry 06-07-2006 01:31 AM

ASP.NET configuration item not found

I go to the website menu and click on ASP.NET configuration item but it can
not find it. Am I missing something?

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] 06-07-2006 02:19 AM

Re: ASP.NET configuration item not found

Hi Barry,

Check the machine to see whether you have the required files installed in:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP. NETWebAdminFiles

You may need to reinstall the .NET Framework and VStudio.

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

barry 06-08-2006 01:18 AM

Re: ASP.NET configuration item not found

Thanks for the reply Ken.

Yes the ASP.NETWebAdminFiles folder does exits

Is there anything I should check for?

thanks
barry

barry 06-08-2006 01:21 AM

Re: ASP.NET configuration item not found

Thanks Ken for the response

Yes, the ASP.NETWebAdminFiles folder does exits.

Is there anything I can check?

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] 06-08-2006 06:13 PM

Re: ASP.NET configuration item not found

Are you using the internal Web server for development or IIS? It may not
work with IIS.

barry 06-09-2006 02:59 AM

Re: ASP.NET configuration item not found

I am using IIS.
I gather I would have to download the web server?
Is my alternative to manually setup authorization and authentication for
application security?