Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to know other's IP? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t297155-how-to-know-others-ip.html)

James 09-27-2003 04:08 PM

How to know other's IP?

Hi all,
I have a software TcpView' it is freeware, and can show the IP who connect
to your PC.

But after I am using ICQLite and the remote are using WinXP and enable the
XP default firewall, I can't find this user's IP again.

Do anyone know other software that are powerful enough to find other's IP
address?
Thx

Pete 09-27-2003 05:33 PM

Re: How to know other's IP?

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:08:10 +0800, "James" <a@a.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have a software TcpView' it is freeware, and can show the IP who connect
>to your PC.
>
>But after I am using ICQLite and the remote are using WinXP and enable the
>XP default firewall, I can't find this user's IP again.
>
>Do anyone know other software that are powerful enough to find other's IP
>address?
>Thx

AFAIK you have to initiate a file transfer to catch an IP address. Did you
do that ?

Most communications would go through the ICQ server, unless you start a file
transfer to someone, in which case a direct connection to the other ICQ
client is then established. You can then view the IP addresses involved.

I think 'netstat -a' will work just as well, from a command prompt, but
TCPView should do the job well too.

Corrections welcome.

Regards,

Pete.