Velocity Reviews

-   -   UK need only look (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t296779-uk-need-only-look.html)

QAZ 08-04-2003 12:35 AM

UK need only look

Hi,
I am doing another shoutout to see if anyone from the southwest wants to
kick up another 2600?

The cardiff one died I never found out why, if you know please enlighten me,

I would like to regenerate another 2600 around here, Newport, cardiff,
swansea, areas mainly, surely im not the only one out here.

Ive had one person show interest I know a few newbies/amatuers/experts from
my local pub/nightclub/college etc. But wouldnt like to reveal myself to
them just yet.

Just post your interest or any info here,

Kind Regards,
QAZ3D

(Im crossposting this to only relevant groups, thanks)

Jim Watt 08-04-2003 08:25 AM

Re: UK need only look

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 17:35:05 -0700, "QAZ" <QAZ@gtef.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am doing another shoutout to see if anyone from the southwest wants to
>kick up another 2600?

>The cardiff one died I never found out why, if you know please enlighten me,

Computer hacking being an illegal activity in the UK might
account for the demise of the group?

Not everyone who engages in building systems takes
delight in people conspiring to destroy them, or their
security. Although the red hot poker up the arse is
reserved for spammers who want to overload the
email system with trash and reduce its value, hackers
and wannabe hackers are undesirables.

The general feeling in a.c.s is that its a security group
rather than a hacker group, there are plenty of those to chose
from, this may not be the best place for recruitment.

Imagine how popular an organisation for firing missiles a jet
airliners would be in a newsgroup for pilots.

--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com