Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sign To Look For If Your Computer Is Hacked (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t296726-sign-to-look-for-if-your-computer-is-hacked.html)

Tracker 07-21-2003 09:21 PM

Sign To Look For If Your Computer Is Hacked

Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in

any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
without the prior written permission of the publisher.

SIGNS YOUR COMPUTER IS HACKED/OWNED:

1. Hackers disable your Daylight Savings Time
2. The clock on the desktop can be one hour behind or one hour ahead on
occasion.
3. Your Network Places Icon on the desktop disappears.
4. If using a Windows platform, when you start your computer, your
original screen will pop up, but since the hackers need to boot into
their server, the system will quickly re-boot and the original screen
will appear twice instead of only once. Your system may re-boot twice
instead of once when loading some OEM versions.
5. If your computer system occasionally re-boots on itís own, again,
the hacker may need to update their Hosts and Servers to make the
computer system function properly.
6. If you play Yahoo Games, you may find yourself being kicked out of
the board your playing in. What is worse is if your winning a game and
your the host of the board, the hacker may kick you out and not let you
back in. When a computer system is hacker proof, you will rarely get
booted out of a Yahoo Game. When the computer was hacker proof I went
back to playing games and havenít been booted yet.
7. A browser you install to filter out or kill file certain individuals
on the internet will not work for a long time. When your computer
system is hacked, you arenít able to filter out people in your browsers
or email application for more then 1-2 days. A number of computer
owners whoís system was hacked have advised me they had the same
problem. Because hackers are using your illegally installed Hosts and
Servers for posting to the internet, this is why you canít filter or
kill file them. This information was very apparent to myself and other
ferret owners whoís computer was hacked.
8. When you begin to see Usenet remarks made on behalf of your personal
life which is private information.
9. Some of your personal files are modified years before they were
created, HA-HA-HA! Have seen a number of personal files modified 7-8
years before they were even created.
10. You find a number of files hidden/readable only which hackers seem
to make their files hidden/readable only.
11. When you find a number of added information in your boot.ini file
which relate to a Virtual Private Network . These can be either
software, hardware or device driver oriented. A sample is presented
later in this book.
12. Under Search for Files and Folders, you do a search on any file
modified in the past month and you will see files which just donít need
to be modified or which you donít even recognize. For the newbie, you
want to focus on the file you donít recognize. Unless your skilled and
realize which files need to be present and modified running a Windows
Platform, you wonít know what to look for. To perform the above you
will need to see all hidden files and folders.
13. Select Start, Settings, Control Panel, Network, and if you see one
AOL adapter and have never used AOL. Two AOL adapters, two TCP/IP, two
Dial-Up adapters, one or two Virtual Private Network adapters your
computer could be hacked/owned. A Virtual Private Network is widely
used by malicious hackers because it can host up to 254 users. "This
applies to the average internet user who has one modem, one ISP and
isnít running any FTP, NNTP, Proxy, SMTP, SQL, Web Server".
14. Select Start, Run, type regedit, select File, Export, in the box
type say 4-12-02.txt and select save. Then open this file with a text
editor or word document and you might be shocked to find what really is
installed on your computer system. Check the bottom of this file,
hackers love to install a bunch of applications, Hosts and Servers files
here. Will admit, when this was performed, I donít remember if
importing all the hackers registry files on the hard drive is what
showed these results or if the registry was Windows original one.
15. You have to turn your computer off by the power supply on a some
whatís regular basis.
16. Installing a Network Interface Card will cause problems until the
hackers configure this device into the Virtual Private Network they
setup.
17. You find your cd-rom drive open and close without your permission.
18. You could hear an annoying beep coming from your system speakers.
19. Your windows screen goes horizontal or vertical.
20. The screen saver picture changes without your permission.
21. On occasion your mouse is out of your control. This could also be
caused by a corrupt mouse driver.
22. All of a sudden, your speakers decide to play you some music.
23. Installing a hardware or firewall for the first time can cause a
number of different problems for you to set-up and configure.
Considering you didnít have these installed from the beginning of going
on the internet.
24. Your firewall logs show alerts at 12:00 then 11:22 then 12:16 and
back to 11:59.
25. If using a dial-up connection you see a number of pings, port 0 to
your computer. The reason for these pings is so the hackers can see if
your computer is active/alive. What the hackers actually do is port
scan the Internet Service Provider Block of addresses and find your
computer either with file sharing enabled or a Backdoor/Trojan.

Tracker
I know how important it is for me not to define myself by how others
perceive
me.

Interested in purchasing my book named "Security Minds versus Malicious
Minds"
visit:
www.securityminds2003.com
It will teach you to learn about Windows, the Internet and Hacking

To view some kick butt artwork, visit:
http://captiveimagery.com/index.cfm?...tion=home.main

Andrew Z Carpenter [Newsgroup Groupie] 07-22-2003 08:50 AM

Re: Sign To Look For If Your Computer Is Hacked

> "Tracker" <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
> United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
> of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
> any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
> without the prior written permission of the publisher.

Uh-oh Google Groups, look out! Tracker will be after you!

--
AZC

Harri Mellin 07-22-2003 09:05 AM

Re: Sign To Look For If Your Computer Is Hacked

In article <3F1C593D.5DD42490@yahoo.com>,
Tracker <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
> United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
> of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
>
> any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
> without the prior written permission of the publisher.

not copyrighted in EU

Swedish Webcams <http://zap.to/webcams>

The Saint 07-22-2003 11:43 AM

Harri Mellin wrote:

>In article <3F1C593D.5DD42490@yahoo.com>,
> Tracker <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
>> United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
>> of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
>>
>> any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
>> without the prior written permission of the publisher.

>not copyrighted in EU

It's not copyrighted anywhere. Dipshit Debbie lives in the US, and
the US Copyright laws explicitly state that "Works that have not been
fixed in a tangible form of expression..." and "Works consisting
entirely of information that is common property and containing no
original authorship..." are *not* covered by copyright protection.
http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#wnp

The only way the dumb bitch could copyright those rabid, wholly
inaccurate ramblings is to classify it as pure fiction, which it is.
And that is why it's considered as spam. She's trying to peddle a
literary (and I use that term *very* loosely) work for profit, in
groups where it's completely off-topic. In fact, it's off-topic in
all but the kook usenet groups.

mto 07-22-2003 11:55 AM

Re: Sign To Look For If Your Computer Is Hacked

"Tracker" <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
> United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
> of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
>
> any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
> without the prior written permission of the publisher.

Please note that the currently applicable copyright law for new material is
the Digital Mellenium Copyright Act. You have no copyright under 1976.

Also note that only REAL individuals and organizations can hold a copyright
and that people must be able to contact the copyright holder if you intend
to enforce copyright. See invalid email address that you are using. There
is no REAL individual named "Tracker."

Further, there is a difference both symantically and legally between an
author and a publisher. A publisher has no copyright claim to an author's
work under most circumstances. If the publisher, rather than the author, is
to be designated the gatekeeper for written permissions, however, that
publisher's legal name and accurate contact information must be included in
the declaration allowing the publisher to grant permission.

Your statement "Printed in the United States of America" is ludicrous -
newsgroup postings are not printed.

What is the ISBN of your book?

Laura Fredericks 07-22-2003 12:14 PM

Re: Sign To Look For If Your Computer Is Hacked

--
Laura Fredericks
PGP key ID - DH/DSS 2048/1024: 0xC753039A

http://www.geocities.com/queenofcyberspace/heathers.mp3

Remove CLOTHES to reply.

David Robbins 07-22-2003 12:17 PM

"mto" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> "Tracker" <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
> > United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
> > of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
> >
> > any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
> > without the prior written permission of the publisher.

> Please note that the currently applicable copyright law for new material

is
> the Digital Mellenium Copyright Act. You have no copyright under 1976.

this may be right if this were really new material, this has been published
and debunked many times already.... its just more spam.

Bit Twister 07-22-2003 12:34 PM

Re: Sign To Look For If Your Computer Is Hacked

Must be an attempt to restrict people from reporting the spamming
to her isp. You cannot email the proof to abuse@netzero.com without
her permission to copy her spam.

FromTheRafters 07-22-2003 01:39 PM

Re: Sign To Look For If Your Computer Is Hacked

"Tracker" <"snailmail(invalid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3F1C593D.5DD42490@yahoo.com...
> Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
> United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
> of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in

Tracker, the computer guru, doesn't know
how to find the © symbol on her system.

...or maybe those malicious hackers have absconded with it!?

Jason 07-22-2003 01:43 PM

Re: Sign To Look For If Your Computer Is Hacked

* Tracker <snailmail(invalid)222000@yahoo.com>:
> Copyright 2003 by Tracker. All rights reserved. Printed in the
> United States of America. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act
> of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in
>
> any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system,
> without the prior written permission of the publisher.
>
> SIGNS YOUR COMPUTER IS HACKED/OWNED:

Oh my god debbie how many times do you have to post this incredabily
inaccurte spam and how many time do you have to be shown the errorss in
before it sinks in??

Jason