Velocity Reviews

-   -   ZA 4's email attachment option (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t296684-za-4s-email-attachment-option.html)

R Green 07-11-2003 06:38 PM

ZA 4's email attachment option

Is it just me or is the Zone Alarm's ver 4 email attachment option useless?

Recently, I've been getting viral email attachments with extensions ZL* and
in ZA, I can only configure *.ZL and cannot set it to *.ZL*... Luckily my
Norton Antivirus picks up where ZA doesn't...

What gives??

R Green
Technical Service Advisor
---------------------------
WoWsat.com
---------------------------

R Green -WoWsat.com 07-15-2003 06:34 PM

Re: ZA 4's email attachment option

hmmm... in this case then, recently when i received a couple of emails
purporting to be from Microsoft's security center, urging me to click on the
attachment to "upgrade my security patch", that when Norton detected it as
being a virus, my ZA has already changed the extension to ZL9?
interesting...

by the way, i also got another email from MS again, this time with a ZM9
extension... so is this ZA's doing also?

R Green
Technical Service Advisor
---------------------------
WoWsat.com
---------------------------

mto 07-15-2003 10:42 PM

"R Green -WoWsat.com" <wow@wowsat.com> wrote in message
news:0PXQa.12135$Ma.2055203@news1.telusplanet.net. ..
> hmmm... in this case then, recently when i received a couple of emails
> purporting to be from Microsoft's security center, urging me to click on

the
> attachment to "upgrade my security patch", that when Norton detected it as
> being a virus, my ZA has already changed the extension to ZL9?
> interesting...
>
> by the way, i also got another email from MS again, this time with a ZM9
> extension... so is this ZA's doing also?
>
> R Green
> Technical Service Advisor
> WoWsat.com

Yes, it is changing the extension so that the program cannot function until
you can deal with it appropriately.