Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Differences between 3550-24-SMI and 3550-24-EMI (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t29620-re-differences-between-3550-24-smi-and-3550-24-emi.html)

Steinar Haug 10-20-2003 02:59 PM

Re: Differences between 3550-24-SMI and 3550-24-EMI

["One Step Beyond"]

| Take my word for it.
|
| "Steinar Haug" <sthaug@nethelp.no> wrote in message
| > ["One Step Beyond"]
| >
| > | 3550 can do subinterfaces on the routed ports. Even SMI can do this
| and
| > | sure you can use secondary addresses on those subinterfaces with SMI.
| > | However, you CANNOT do dot1q encapsulation on a routed port on the SMI
| > | image. You need to use the EMI image to do that.
| >
| > I'm willing to believe 3550-EMI and dot1q encapsulation on a routed port
| > if you can show me a working example - not otherwise. I can't find
| anything
| > in the documentation which indicates this is possible.

I'm afraid your word is absolutely useless here - it doesn't help me
find out *how* to do this if it were indeed possible. So until this is
documented, or somebody shows a working example, I'm going to assume
it is *not* possible.