Velocity Reviews

-   -   FF1.5.03 Extentions installation doesn't work (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t294637-ff1-5-03-extentions-installation-doesnt-work.html)

tmcf@sci.fi 05-23-2006 01:35 PM

FF1.5.03 Extentions installation doesn't work

In a few cases recently I have tried installing extentions to no avail.

In a couple of cases I am asked to allow downloading from a particular
site, which I do.

I get the window that shows the count down to installation on the buton
and when complete I press the button, then nothing happens.

Some other extentions already instaled have updated OK.

I am guessing I am the error, but can someone poiunt me in the
direction of what needs done, a setting perhaps?

Best Regards,
Thomson

tmcf@sci.fi 06-08-2006 05:35 PM

Re: FF1.5.03 Extentions installation doesn't work

No one answerd last time round, so I will give it another go.

I successfully installed Extension Manager Extended 2.4.1.1 to
Thunderbird, by way of a test.

I accessed from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/

I then tried to instal it to Firefox 1.5.0.4., i.e. I saved to a local
directory, then used install in the Extentions Manager, in the sidebar.
The download dialogue opened, counted down then presented the Install
button, which I pressed. Nothing happened.

In the Javascript Console I saw the following:

Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
Line: 206

Anyone help me?

Best regards,
Thomson

gwtc 06-08-2006 08:31 PM

tmcf@sci.fi wrote:

> No one answerd last time round, so I will give it another go.
>
> I successfully installed Extension Manager Extended 2.4.1.1 to
> Thunderbird, by way of a test.
>
> I accessed from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
>
> I then tried to instal it to Firefox 1.5.0.4., i.e. I saved to a local
> directory, then used install in the Extentions Manager, in the sidebar.
> The download dialogue opened, counted down then presented the Install
> button, which I pressed. Nothing happened.
>
> In the Javascript Console I saw the following:
>
> Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
> Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
> Line: 206
>
> Anyone help me?
>
> Best regards,
> Thomson

Go check out the authors website and ask him:
http://extended.spanglerco.com

--
Computer Points to Ponder #2: How come programmers find it so easy to
master the special language that runs computers, yet those same folks

tmcf@sci.fi 06-08-2006 09:42 PM

gwtc wrote:
> tmcf@sci.fi wrote:
>
> > No one answerd last time round, so I will give it another go.
> >
> > I successfully installed Extension Manager Extended 2.4.1.1 to
> > Thunderbird, by way of a test.
> >
> > I accessed from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
> >
> > I then tried to instal it to Firefox 1.5.0.4., i.e. I saved to a local
> > directory, then used install in the Extentions Manager, in the sidebar.
> > The download dialogue opened, counted down then presented the Install
> > button, which I pressed. Nothing happened.
> >
> > In the Javascript Console I saw the following:
> >
> > Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
> > Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
> > Line: 206
> >
> > Anyone help me?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Thomson
> >

> Go check out the authors website and ask him:
> http://extended.spanglerco.com

I would, but this is only an example of a general problem. I can select
other extentions and I get the same result. Sorry if my example
mislead.

br
Thomson

not given 06-08-2006 11:29 PM

tmcf@sci.fi wrote:

> gwtc wrote:
> > tmcf@sci.fi wrote:
> >
> > > No one answerd last time round, so I will give it another go.
> > >
> > > I successfully installed Extension Manager Extended 2.4.1.1 to
> > > Thunderbird, by way of a test.
> > >
> > > I accessed from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
> > >
> > > I then tried to instal it to Firefox 1.5.0.4., i.e. I saved to a local
> > > directory, then used install in the Extentions Manager, in the sidebar.
> > > The download dialogue opened, counted down then presented the Install
> > > button, which I pressed. Nothing happened.
> > >
> > > In the Javascript Console I saw the following:
> > >
> > > Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
> > > Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
> > > Line: 206
> > >
> > > Anyone help me?
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Thomson
> > >

> > Go check out the authors website and ask him:
> > http://extended.spanglerco.com
> >

> I would, but this is only an example of a general problem. I can select
> other extentions and I get the same result. Sorry if my example
> mislead.
>
> br
> Thomson

Simply install the extension from here
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/

Most Firefox extensions can be installed directly from the page you find them
on, its the Thunderbird that requires the save to local directory first.

tmcf@sci.fi 06-08-2006 11:45 PM

not given wrote:
> tmcf@sci.fi wrote:
> >
> > gwtc wrote:

> > > Go check out the authors website and ask him:
> > > http://extended.spanglerco.com
> > >

> > I would, but this is only an example of a general problem. I can select
> > other extentions and I get the same result. Sorry if my example
> > mislead.
> >
> > br
> > Thomson

> Simply install the extension from here
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
>
> Most Firefox extensions can be installed directly from the page you find them
> on, its the Thunderbird that requires the save to local directory first.

I had originally tried that. It doesn't work either.

Can anyone interpret teh error message I included?

br
Thomson

not given 06-09-2006 01:17 AM

tmcf@sci.fi wrote:

> not given wrote:
> > tmcf@sci.fi wrote:

> > > I would, but this is only an example of a general problem. I can select
> > > other extentions and I get the same result. Sorry if my example
> > > mislead.
> > >
> > > br
> > > Thomson

> > Simply install the extension from here
> > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
> >
> > Most Firefox extensions can be installed directly from the page you find them
> > on, its the Thunderbird that requires the save to local directory first.

> I had originally tried that. It doesn't work either.
>
> Can anyone interpret teh error message I included?
>
> br
> Thomson

Do you get that exact same error message everytime you try to install an
extension? Or do you get other error messages?

tmcf@sci.fi 06-09-2006 08:12 AM

not given wrote:
> tmcf@sci.fi wrote:
> >
> > not given wrote:

> > > Simply install the extension from here
> > > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
> > >
> > > Most Firefox extensions can be installed directly from the page you find them
> > > on, its the Thunderbird that requires the save to local directory first.

> > I had originally tried that. It doesn't work either.
> >
> > Can anyone interpret teh error message I included?
> >
> > br
> > Thomson

> Do you get that exact same error message everytime you try to install an
> extension? Or do you get other error messages?

I tried to install the Torrents Search Bar, and the message seen is
below, which is the same as before.

MC (temp) Dan [no email] 06-09-2006 11:42 AM

tmcf@sci.fi wrote:

> not given wrote:
> > tmcf@sci.fi wrote:

> > > I had originally tried that. It doesn't work either.
> > >
> > > Can anyone interpret teh error message I included?
> > >
> > > br
> > > Thomson

> > Do you get that exact same error message everytime you try to install an
> > extension? Or do you get other error messages?

> I tried to install the Torrents Search Bar, and the message seen is
> below, which is the same as before.
>
> Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
> Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
> Line: 206
>
> Thomson

Does the problem occur if you run in safe mode and then try to install an
extension? (is there a 'safe mode' in linux?)

Does the problem occur on a new profile?

tmcf@sci.fi 06-09-2006 11:49 AM

MC (temp) Dan [no email] wrote:
> tmcf@sci.fi wrote:
> >
> > not given wrote:

> > > Do you get that exact same error message everytime you try to install an
> > > extension? Or do you get other error messages?

> > I tried to install the Torrents Search Bar, and the message seen is
> > below, which is the same as before.
> >
> > Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
> > Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
> > Line: 206
> >
> > Thomson

> Does the problem occur if you run in safe mode and then try to install an
> extension? (is there a 'safe mode' in linux?)
>
> Does the problem occur on a new profile?

Do you mean complete safe mode of rht op sys? Otherwise I dont know how
to achiveve safe mode. I am using XP.

I use the default profile, no reason to create another one. I may giv
eit a try.

br
Thomson