Velocity Reviews

-   -   What would be the XML bible of choice? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t294437-what-would-be-the-xml-bible-of-choice.html)

Erik van Zijst 05-22-2006 04:05 PM

What would be the XML bible of choice?

Hi,

I've been working with xml for quite some time and learned through
experience and online searches. However, I'd like to have a proper
reference manual that covers XML in a concise manner.

I've looked online but find that many books can't resist to stay to the
point and often dwell on about typical applications of XML in SOAP,
databases, etc. However, I want to learn the real tricks behind XML,
namespaces, XMLSchema and maybe some xpath and xquery.

I guess what I'm looking for is the xml-alternative to a Richard Stevens
book on networking. I suppose something from Addison-Wesley or
Prentice-Hall. Any ideas?

kind regards,
Erik
--
Help! I'm trapped in a Chinese computer factory!