Velocity Reviews

-   -   voip.co.uk (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t294123-voip-co-uk.html)

Matt 05-19-2006 08:11 PM

voip.co.uk

Hi,

Still having problems with AAH 2.8 and voip.co.uk.

The current problem is that if I dial 121 (for voicemail) the system
dials up to v.c.uk as planned, but it never answers the call.

Their support desk told me it was a problem with codecs. I've tried a
few options, but no improvement!

Also, if I try to make an outgoing call to my mobile, the mobile rings,
I answer it, but voip.co.uk still gives me a ringing tone from the
handset I called from. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Could a voip.co.uk user please post the section of sip.conf that
contains the general codec details, and also the specific voip.co.uk
details?

What do people think of voip.co.uk? Am I the only one with ongoing
problems? Have moved a couple of numbers to voipfone, and found them
to be worth the 1.99 a month.

Many thanks

Matthew

Jono 05-19-2006 08:26 PM

Re: voip.co.uk (sip.conf)

Matt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still having problems with AAH 2.8 and voip.co.uk.
>
> The current problem is that if I dial 121 (for voicemail) the system
> dials up to v.c.uk as planned, but it never answers the call.
>
> Their support desk told me it was a problem with codecs. I've tried a
> few options, but no improvement!
>
> Also, if I try to make an outgoing call to my mobile, the mobile
> rings, I answer it, but voip.co.uk still gives me a ringing tone from
> the handset I called from. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?
>
> Could a voip.co.uk user please post the section of sip.conf that
> contains the general codec details, and also the specific voip.co.uk
> details?
>
> What do people think of voip.co.uk? Am I the only one with ongoing
> problems? Have moved a couple of numbers to voipfone, and found them
> to be worth the 1.99 a month.
>
> Many thanks
>

> Matthew

sip.conf:

[general]

port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
context = from-trunk
;defaultexpirey = 600 ; include this only if necessary
;maxexpirey = 3600 ; include this only if necessary
progressinband = yes
dtmfmode=auto

callerid = Unknown
externip = my.dndns.domain
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
nat=yes

#include sip_nat.conf
#include sip_custom.conf
#include sip_additional.conf

Jono 05-19-2006 08:29 PM

Re: voip.co.uk (Trunk)

Matt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still having problems with AAH 2.8 and voip.co.uk.
>
> The current problem is that if I dial 121 (for voicemail) the system
> dials up to v.c.uk as planned, but it never answers the call.
>
> Their support desk told me it was a problem with codecs. I've tried a
> few options, but no improvement!
>
> Also, if I try to make an outgoing call to my mobile, the mobile
> rings, I answer it, but voip.co.uk still gives me a ringing tone from
> the handset I called from. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?
>
> Could a voip.co.uk user please post the section of sip.conf that
> contains the general codec details, and also the specific voip.co.uk
> details?
>
> What do people think of voip.co.uk? Am I the only one with ongoing
> problems? Have moved a couple of numbers to voipfone, and found them
> to be worth the 1.99 a month.
>
> Many thanks
>

> Matthew

PEER:
authuser=userID
canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
fromdomain=proxy.voip.co.uk
fromuser=userID
host=proxy.voip.co.uk
insecure=very
secret=password
type=peer
username=userID

linker3000 05-19-2006 08:55 PM

Re: voip.co.uk

Matt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still having problems with AAH 2.8 and voip.co.uk.
>
> The current problem is that if I dial 121 (for voicemail) the system
> dials up to v.c.uk as planned, but it never answers the call.
>
> Their support desk told me it was a problem with codecs. I've tried a
> few options, but no improvement!
>
> Also, if I try to make an outgoing call to my mobile, the mobile rings,
> I answer it, but voip.co.uk still gives me a ringing tone from the
> handset I called from. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?
>
> Could a voip.co.uk user please post the section of sip.conf that
> contains the general codec details, and also the specific voip.co.uk
> details?
>
> What do people think of voip.co.uk? Am I the only one with ongoing
> problems? Have moved a couple of numbers to voipfone, and found them
> to be worth the 1.99 a month.
>
> Many thanks
>

> Matthew

Hi Matt,

I have just completed a three week 'trial by fire' learning AAH and I am
with voip.co.uk so I may be able to help. I am puzzled as to why you are
using voip.co.uk's voicemail though as AAH will do that for you. Anyway,
here's a breakdown of my relevant bits:

++++++++++

sip.conf:

[general]

port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
allow=ilbc
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
; If you need to answer unauthenticated calls, you should change this
; next line to 'from-trunk', rather than 'from-sip-external'.
; You'll know this is happening if when you call in you get a message
; saying "The number you have dialed is not in service. Please check the
; number and try again."
;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
context = from-trunk

;My added bits...
externip = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [My public IP address]
localnet = 192.168.101.0/255.255.255.0 [My LAN address]

[rest of file...]

++++++++++

Now, voip.co.uk doesn't support ilbc and gsm but some of our LAN devices
do so I added those codecs for them. I reckon the most important bits
you need to look at are your trunks, routes and extensions...here's a
rundown of one of my voip.co.uk trunks - assume that my SIP account is
123456 and its password is banana. Note that this is quite a bit
different from the recommendation on the voip.co.uk site, but it works -
I have five SIP accounts all logged in at the moment.

Note that the PEER DETAILS section has no 'disallow=all' because with
that in place I couldn't get AAH to negotiate a compatible codec with
voip.co.uk, which is probably the root cause of your problem too.

PEER DETAILS:

allow=g711u&g711a&g729a&g723.1
authuser=123456
fromdomain=proxy.voip.co.uk
fromuser=123456
host=proxy.voip.co.uk
insecure=very
password=banana
qualify=yes
secret=banana
type=peer
username=123456

USER Context: 123456

USER Details:

context=from-trunk
fromuser=123456
host=proxy.voip.co.uk
insecure=very
secret=banana
type=user

Register String:

123456:banana@registrar.voip.co.uk/123456

++++++++++

Inbound Route:

DID Number: 123456

[Rest left as default except for specifying a destination]

++++++++++

Last but not least, to resolve some problems with inbound voice not
being heard, I had to set the following on all extensions (whether NAT
was involved or not):

nat yes
qualify yes

As for voip.co.uk's service - can't fault it. They have always responded
very quickly and been very helpful as I've asked tons of daft
questions as I've learnt about Voice over IP and their service. I am
writing up my config for their technical pages.

Hope this helps - come back if you need more. I'm still learning but
I've got things working.

L3K

linker3000 05-19-2006 08:59 PM

Re: voip.co.uk (sip.conf)

So where DID you get your dock n talk then!?

L3K

Matt 05-19-2006 09:41 PM

Re: voip.co.uk

Cheers for all the details L3K and Jono.

Only using thier voicemail as a backup when the adsl goes down - been
caught up in very poor service from e7even and their inablity to issue
MAC's etc.....

Will try these changes tomorrow and report back!

Thanks

Matthew

Jono 05-19-2006 10:32 PM

Re: voip.co.uk (sip.conf)

on 19/05/2006, linker3000 supposed :
> So where DID you get your dock n talk then!?
>
> L3K

Oh aye,

Sorry.

It was a chap called Shuki Eden, from a company called BlueICT.

I have his mobile number which I could email to you?

linker3000 05-20-2006 06:01 AM

Re: voip.co.uk (sip.conf)

Jono wrote:
> on 19/05/2006, linker3000 supposed :
>> So where DID you get your dock n talk then!?
>>
>> L3K

> Oh aye,
>
> Sorry.
>
> It was a chap called Shuki Eden, from a company called BlueICT.
>
> I have his mobile number which I could email to you?

I have found their Web site thanks - seems a few others are selling in
the UK too now.

L3K

this one 05-21-2006 02:47 PM

Re: voip.co.uk

Hi L3K

Well your setup got me as far as being able to ring out from voip.co.uk
but when I ring in to voip.co.uk I get the voip.co.uk voicemail message and
then whilst it is playing my extension phone rings. I have tried many
differnet combinations of extension,incoming routes and trunks. Can you
think what i may have wrong.

Nearly there but just that last sprint to the finish.