Velocity Reviews

-   -   touchscreen asp.net vs vb.net.... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t293888-touchscreen-asp-net-vs-vb-net.html)

Ryan 05-18-2006 01:51 PM

touchscreen asp.net vs vb.net....

Can someone give me an idea how they would approach a touchscreen
application... and why you would use web over windows... and
vice-versa?

If an application is webbased, you could set up a kiosk so the web
application was full screen using javascript.... and if you didnt have
a keyboard... there isnt a way the user could return to the desktop...
hmm

Web-based apps have the deployment advantage... windows based has more
functionality... and possiblly more control over the desktop?

Any thoughts?

clintonG 05-18-2006 06:11 PM

Re: touchscreen asp.net vs vb.net....

I would approach a touchscreen very carefully. It may not like me and might
try to bite.

Seriously, I did a presentation to an owner/operator of hotels using a
SmartBoard but it didn't fly. I've had an interest in this type of
application myself. Whose displays are you using or planning to use? I've
seen NEC advertise a 19" LCD as I recall.

Have you considered developing a SmartClient? Do some reading about that as
it gives us the Windows Forms interface with connectivity to the Internet
for various purposes. Look up the SmartBoard too.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

news:1147960272.332562.199980@38g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...