Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Java (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f30-java.html)
-   -   Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t293726-eclipse-crashed-and-now-jboss-doesnt-start.html)

sickness 05-17-2006 03:41 PM

Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!
 
Hello :roll:
I'm using Eclipse 3.1.2 and jboss 4.0.3SP1.
Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!

When I try to start Jboss it say me:

Error starting endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080

I try to:
-restart eclipse
-restart the pc
-reinstall Jboss
-reinstall Eclipse
-modify the server port

but still it doesn't go!

Someone knows what's the problem?
thanks for all
bye

:wink:


sickness 05-17-2006 04:13 PM

Re: Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!
 
excuse me I say wrong.. I want to say

When I try to start Jboss Eclipse say me with an error window:

Server port In Use 8080-Http


Jeffrey Schwab 05-17-2006 04:30 PM

Re: Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!
 
sickness wrote (not quite in this order):

> I'm using Eclipse 3.1.2 and jboss 4.0.3SP1.
> Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!


> When I try to start Jboss Eclipse say me with an error window:
>
> Server port In Use 8080-Http


> I try to:
> -restart eclipse
> -restart the pc
> -reinstall Jboss
> -reinstall Eclipse
> -modify the server port


> excuse me I say wrong.. I want to say
>


Is it possible there really is a process listening on 8080, and getting
restarted every time you boot the PC? What operating system are you
using? If you are on Windows, you might try something like:

netstat | find "8080"

sickness 05-18-2006 07:32 AM

Re: Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!
 
hello thx a lot for the response
yes I'm using WinXp
netstat -an
gives me this in the screenshot

http://i4.tinypic.com/zyinm0.gif

I can see
0.0.0.0:8080 .. LISTENING

This means that this port is already open.. I think. . but I don't have
any program/process started that use this port..
Any suggestion?
Thx to all
=)


Gordon Beaton 05-18-2006 07:57 AM

Re: Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!
 
On 18 May 2006 00:32:37 -0700, sickness wrote:
> yes I'm using WinXp
> netstat -an
> gives me this in the screenshot
>
> http://i4.tinypic.com/zyinm0.gif
>
> I can see
> 0.0.0.0:8080 .. LISTENING
>
> This means that this port is already open.. I think. . but I don't have
> any program/process started that use this port..


It means that a process most definitely has opened the port and is
waiting for incoming connections there.

If you don't know what that program might be, I'd suggest finding out
so you can stop it. A tool "lsof" (which may not support Windows, I
don't know) can tell you which process has the port open.

Or try connecting to it with "telnet localhost 8080" or a webbrowser
(http://localhost:8080/) to see if that gives you any clues.

(Perhaps it's not significant, but it's apparent from the screenshot
that you also have processes with connections to port 8080 on another
machine in your network).

/gordon

--
[ do not email me copies of your followups ]
g o r d o n + n e w s @ b a l d e r 1 3 . s e

Philip Reimer 05-18-2006 08:05 AM

Re: Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!
 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

sickness schrieb:
> hello thx a lot for the response
> yes I'm using WinXp
> netstat -an
> gives me this in the screenshot
>
> http://i4.tinypic.com/zyinm0.gif
>
> I can see
> 0.0.0.0:8080 .. LISTENING
>
> This means that this port is already open.. I think. . but I don't have
> any program/process started that use this port..
> Any suggestion?


Use netstat's '-b' parameter to see, which executable opened / is
listening on the port.

> Thx to all
> =)
>


HTH
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFEbCrMOnXHmEVwvcQRApe7AJ9f77pUPdj+ICME5UsPov nDqFPsnACeNpo+
yIyJjItx45DsYywga+11+2w=
=GHth
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

sickness 05-19-2006 10:22 AM

Re: Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!
 
thx a lot guys


Aman Pirani 11-25-2012 10:30 AM

i am starting JBoss server but shwing me error that
port number 8080 in Use-http.
please help me with this.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.